Question Rtx 2060

stefkourl

Reputable
Mar 23, 2018
Hello guys! A quick question what is the difference in RTX 2060 Gigabyte version 2 vs the ols version, and most important is the second version limited in mining because that's the reason why i am going to buy it.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Link to specific cards?

I don't believe there has been an LHR version of the RTX2060. Only two versions I am aware of the one based of TU106 and the TU104 based one. The 104 is an RTX2080 with the same core count as the 2060, so it does have some additional benefits over the original 2060.

stefkourl

Reputable
Mar 23, 2018
Link to specific cards?

I don't believe there has been an LHR version of the RTX2060. Only two versions I am aware of the one based of TU106 and the TU104 based one. The 104 is an RTX2080 with the same core count as the 2060, so it does have some additional benefits over the original 2060.
The card is RTX Gaming OC Pro 6G rev 2.0 it was bought a year ago i dont know what tu it has? For mining what is the difference between those tu104 and tu106, which one should i buy and does it mean that rev 2.0 are tu106 and have lower mining specs.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Probably just a cost reduction revision, or a change due to unavailability of some component. Gigabyte gives the exact same specifications.

Some GPU-Z screenshots all agree on TU106. If you have one fire up GPU-Z and it will tell you.

Actively tracking down the different variants isn't very practical. Only the RTX2060 is still in production as far as I know, but all that production is going to OEMs.

stefkourl

Reputable
Mar 23, 2018
So i wont have any difference in the MH? Im asking because i am going to buy rev2 card.
Probably just a cost reduction revision, or a change due to unavailability of some component. Gigabyte gives the exact same specifications.

Some GPU-Z screenshots all agree on TU106. If you have one fire up GPU-Z and it will tell you.

Actively tracking down the different variants isn't very practical. Only the RTX2060 is still in production as far as I know, but all that production is going to OEMs.