Question RTX 2070 seems to have started to overheat recently?

xoB

Mar 3, 2023
Alright so recently my PC has started to make occasional loud noise when gaming. It keeps happening like every minute or so. So i pulled up NVIDIA Performance Overlay to see what might be causing it and the noise keeps happening when my GPU temp hits like 86°C than it goes back down to 82 and minute later back to 86 and with that comes the noise. I've had my current PC build for 4 years and back than i had no issues playing the latest games.

Alright so recently my PC has started to make occasional loud noise when gaming. It keeps happening like every minute or so. So i pulled up NVIDIA Performance Overlay to see what might be causing it and the noise keeps happening when my GPU temp hits like 86°C than it goes back down to 82 and minute later back to 86 and with that comes the noise. I've had my current PC build for 4 years and back than i had no issues playing the latest games.

Hey there,

If you system is 4 years old, I'd suggest giving at a good clean out. You can use a can of compressed air, and give it a good dustout. See how temps are at that point.

Another thing might be to consider a repaste of the thermal compound on your GPU. Normally they last about 5- years, but it may probably reduce your temps by a big amount.

Please list your full pc specs, including case, PSU, fans, ram, CPU, GPU etc

xoB

Mar 3, 2023
Hey there,

If you system is 4 years old, I'd suggest giving at a good clean out. You can use a can of compressed air, and give it a good dustout. See how temps are at that point.

Another thing might be to consider a repaste of the thermal compound on your GPU. Normally they last about 5- years, but it may probably reduce your temps by a big amount.

Please list your full pc specs, including case, PSU, fans, ram, CPU, GPU etc
I cleaned it today with air to see if something changes but nothing.

PC specs:
CPU: Ryzen 5 2600
Board: ASRock A320M-DVS R.3.0
RAM: DDR4 16gb
and the rest i have no knowledge of