Question RTX 2080 game crash issues and bsod's

Dec 31, 2019
DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL nvlddmkm.sys is what failed, I used the DDU for both amd and intel and installed the latest driver, ive tampered with the regedit, and ive done a memtest86 and my ram is not bad at all. what the hell is going on with my gpu I just wanna be a gamer

CosmicDance

Notable
Jun 11, 2019
Try a System Restore as that often gets things working again I have found.
If your PC is failing straight away when you load into Windows then try a BIOS reset first before the restore.
Remove the CMOS battery, short the CLR CMOS jumper, wait 1 minute then re-insert the battery and boot up with default settings.

I had to do this procedure when I was getting errors like yours a few months ago.
Since the BIOS reset and restore it has worked fine.
After you get it working again you can change your BIOS settings if you had altered them previously e.g. XMP Ram profile etc.

Andy

Dec 31, 2019
I SOLVED IT, I did all these steps. - update bios, update chipset, power management to maximum in nvidia control panel along with threaded optimization disabled, lower your overclock slightly, stress test the ram (mine wasn't bad) now its working fine without any crashes so far, ill see if overclocking the card will be alright

Dec 31, 2019
correction no it did not, I got another bsod with the same <Mod Edit> but this time there were green OK's everywhere

Last edited by a moderator:
Dec 31, 2019
Here is a link to fault finder for your Windows error.
If that doesn't help then I would reinstall Windows as that will start things fresh.

did a fresh install and when I started fb4 it gave me the message directx function dxgi_error_device_hung