[SOLVED] RTX 2080 getting very hot?

nsellenbrown96

Commendable
Apr 13, 2018
Hi

I am recently getting the windows notification that my GPU is above 81c.

I checked my CAM and it was running at a 76% load at 80/81c while running Kovaaks fps aim trainier (nothing that I thought would be too strenous).

My GPU is: EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 XC 8GB .

I recently changed from a QHD ultrawide monitor to a dual monitor setup. Primary is a 1440p 144hz monitor with the 2nd just a 1080p 60hz monitor.

Apart from this there have been no changes. Is this something I should be worried about? The GPU is 21 months old but I would like to keep it in the best possible condition.

I don't know exaclty what the correct load and temperatures so I am not sure if I should be concerned and thought it was best to check?

Thanks

Solution
Did you overclock it?
Does the case have good air flow?
Check your fan speeds whilst you are playing the game.
Try changing your fan curve.

Also, 80c is at the 'high limit'. It won't do any harm but make sure it doesn't keep climbing as that, however can be an issue. The max. temperature for the RTX 2080 is 88c but aim to keeping it below 82c if you want it to last for a few more years.

So yeah, monitor your fan speeds during the gameplay and if you see that the fans are really low adjust the fan curve or make them run at 100 % (if you don't mind the noise that is).
And if they are already running very high consider returning the card to the manufacturer (if the card is still under warranty). EVGA has great customer service.

Best...
Jan 11, 2020
Did you overclock it?
Does the case have good air flow?
Check your fan speeds whilst you are playing the game.
Try changing your fan curve.

Also, 80c is at the 'high limit'. It won't do any harm but make sure it doesn't keep climbing as that, however can be an issue. The max. temperature for the RTX 2080 is 88c but aim to keeping it below 82c if you want it to last for a few more years.

So yeah, monitor your fan speeds during the gameplay and if you see that the fans are really low adjust the fan curve or make them run at 100 % (if you don't mind the noise that is).
And if they are already running very high consider returning the card to the manufacturer (if the card is still under warranty). EVGA has great customer service.

Best regards!

Solution