Question Rtx 2080 ti artifacts

wiktor.nowak05

Reputable
Nov 5, 2017
Hello, I have a problem in my system regarding gpu performance. When I launch a gpu intensive game like fh4 or fortnite, the GPU is starting to artifact first in windows and then if lucky in the game and eventually crash. I have noticed that this is happening when the card reaches a temperature above 70c but is stable on 72c, which shouldn't be a problem.

I have sent my gpu for repair to the retailer and they said it was working fine with these tests done: Rog Furmark, csgo in 20min, occt. And when I received my card the problems were still there. Can artifacts happen not just by the GPU but also by other components in my system? I have my gtx 750 ti up and running in the system and everything is working flawlessly with no drops, artifacts, stable
fps and gpu usage 100%. So what can I do?

Specs:
Rtx 2080 ti rog strix oc
Intel i5 10600
Corsair 16gb 3600mhz
750w psu
Corsair h115i 280mm aio

Hello, I have a problem in my system regarding gpu performance. When I launch a gpu intensive game like fh4 or fortnite, the GPU is starting to artifact first in windows and then if lucky in the game and eventually crash. I have noticed that this is happening when the card reaches a temperature above 70c but is stable on 72c, which shouldn't be a problem.

I have sent my gpu for repair to the retailer and they said it was working fine with these tests done: Rog Furmark, csgo in 20min, occt. And when I received my card the problems were still there. Can artifacts happen not just by the GPU but also by other components in my system? I have my gtx 750 ti up and running in the system and everything is working flawlessly with no drops, artifacts, stable
fps and gpu usage 100%. So what can I do?

Specs:
Rtx 2080 ti rog strix oc
Intel i5 10600
Corsair 16gb 3600mhz
750w psu
Corsair h115i 280mm aio
What is the make model and age of the PSU?

I would check the voltages...or swap another PSU in.
You can use HWInfo. The voltages should remain within 5% of +12, +5 and + 3.3V at all times ...idle and heavy load.

Here is one comment I've seen on the series PSU you have....

"Cooler Master only has a couple decent power supplies and that is not one of them. It's another cheap PSU, not much better than the VS, if at all. If you want a good PSU to last 4-5 years, as you say, you need to increase your budget. The Corsair CX is the lowest I'd recommend, certainly nothing less than that. "

I bought it 3 month

Here you have a picture of the voltages: View: http://imgur.com/gallery/XgU9d3s

I don't think it's the power supply.
I would still run it under heavy load and look at the voltages..
Those looks like idle voltages to me.

OR

You could have a bad RTX 2080 Ti.

I had a bad RTX 2080 Ti.

It started artifacting after three days.

It died within another three days.

OR

You could try running DDU and reinstalling the driver.

wiktor.nowak05

Reputable
Nov 5, 2017
I would still run it under heavy load and look at the voltages..
Those looks like idle voltages to me.

OR

You could have a bad RTX 2080 Ti.

I had a bad RTX 2080 Ti.

It started artifacting after three days.

It died within another three days.

OR

You could try running DDU and reinstalling the driver.
I don't have the card on hand right now as I sent it out again for a second time. While I had it I cleaned the system with ddu several times. And this is my benchmark score in time spy, with the same power supply and the same card. https://www.3dmark.com/spy/16382415

I don't have the card on hand right now as I sent it out again for a second time. While I had it I cleaned the system with ddu several times. And this is my benchmark score in time spy, with the same power supply and the same card. https://www.3dmark.com/spy/16382415
Hopefully they replace the card.
If it's not the PSU....and it's not the software....I'm leaning on that it might be the card.
As I said....when my RTX 2080 Ti went bad....I saw artifacts first.

wiktor.nowak05

Reputable
Nov 5, 2017
Hopefully they replace the card.
If it's not the PSU....and it's not the software....I'm leaning on that it might be the card.
As I said....when my RTX 2080 Ti went bad....I saw artifacts first.
Ok thanks. I'll just have to see what they diagnose the card with. But what retailer/make/model/date of purchase was your card?