[SOLVED] RTX 2080 TI + GTX 1080 TI

hemantrtk980

Reputable
Sep 15, 2018
How can I install 2080 ti and 1080 ti on same PC( without SLI OR NVLINK)?
I use blender, is it possible to use both cards for rendering.
If yes, please brief.

thank you.

Solution
You're better off just running the single most powerful GPU you own, which is the RTX2080Ti. You won't be able to run the two GPU's not without removing blocks or loosing performance but your power draw will be considerably high. Speaking of which, what is the make and model of your PSU and it's age?

Lutfij

Titan
You're better off just running the single most powerful GPU you own, which is the RTX2080Ti. You won't be able to run the two GPU's not without removing blocks or loosing performance but your power draw will be considerably high. Speaking of which, what is the make and model of your PSU and it's age?

Solution

hemantrtk980

Reputable
Sep 15, 2018
My PSU is asus thor 850w.
Actually I am planning to buy one more GPU to speed up my 3D work. That's why I asked if it is possible to use GTX with RTX.
Because as the end I have to buy a new PSU if I have to go with dual cards.