Question RTX 3070 ti buzzing noise

Apr 22, 2023
Hey, so, I have a mini pc with an egpu attached over m.2 and with an external atx psu to power the gpu and everything worked great but then when I play games or my gpu is under heavy workload I hear a buzzing noise. I saw other post and people said it was the coil and that it was harmless but when I play games and I don't hear the noise or the noise stops my game freezes but when I hear the noise again which is 3 seconds after the game freezes the game is unfrozen. It's very annoying because I can't play games without freezing every 3 seconds. Are there any tips on how to fix this.

Here is the setup I have
Main pc:
Minisforum mini pc UM560
ASUS TUF gaming RTX 3070 ti

egpu equipment:
ADT-LINK R3G
Corsair RM650x RMX Series (2018), 650 Watt

Gamefreaknet

Commendable
Mar 29, 2022
Hey, so, I have a mini pc with an egpu attached over m.2 and with an external atx psu to power the gpu and everything worked great but then when I play games or my gpu is under heavy workload I hear a buzzing noise. I saw other post and people said it was the coil and that it was harmless but when I play games and I don't hear the noise or the noise stops my game freezes but when I hear the noise again which is 3 seconds after the game freezes the game is unfrozen. It's very annoying because I can't play games without freezing every 3 seconds. Are there any tips on how to fix this.

Here is the setup I have
Main pc:
Minisforum mini pc UM560
ASUS TUF gaming RTX 3070 ti

egpu equipment:
ADT-LINK R3G
Corsair RM650x RMX Series (2018), 650 Watt
I'd bet it's PSU coil whine. You barely have the minimum recommended PSU for a 3070ti however haven't accounted for the times where there'll be a transient power spike (a time when your system demands that bit more power) which is why you'd have been better going for a 750w or even 850w PSU. Aka your PC during games is barely getting just enough power to run thus causing inconsistent performance as it's just barely getting enough power.

Apr 22, 2023
I'd bet it's PSU coil whine. You barely have the minimum recommended PSU for a 3070ti however haven't accounted for the times where there'll be a transient power spike (a time when your system demands that bit more power) which is why you'd have been better going for a 750w or even 850w PSU. Aka your PC during games is barely getting just enough power to run thus causing inconsistent performance as it's just barely getting enough power.
Ah i see so then you think its because My psu isn't giving enough power to my GPU? Man how cold the rtx 3070 ti need more power than that