Question RTX 3080 consistent asset loading stuttering

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 26, 2021
Hello! Two weeks ago finished my new build featuring RTX 3080. Started noticing some stuttering issues in games like Metro Exodus(especially visible when running in game benchamark), No Man's Sky, Rise of the tomb raider(stutters appear when rtx is at ultra settings),
The Medium(is especially bad, stutters are realy noticable, game can freeze for ~0.2 seconds, but if I reload the level stutters are less noticable, maybe somekind of shader cache). On the other hand Cyberpunk 2077, Control, Horizon Zero Dawn work flawlessly.
Also stutters are noticable after driver updates, gives me a feeling that shader cache is being deleted.

My build:
PSU: Seasonic PRIME PX-1000, 1000W 80+ Platinum
Videocard: MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 3080
RAM: G.Skill 32GB@X.M.P3600mhz CL16-19-19-39
Motherboard:Gigabyte Z490 Aorus Master with latest bios.
CPU: i9-10850k@4.8
CPU Cooler: CORSAIR iCUE H150i ELITE CAPELLIX
Storage: Samsung 980 PRO PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD 1TB and Samsung 970 Evo m.2 1TB.
GPU Driver: 461.40
Monitor: LG 27Inch 1440p@144hz

Temperatures are ok, nothing is overheatings. Tested the system with RealBench - 4 hours. Memtest86 - 4 passes no errors.

The CPU utilisation in all games max 50-55%.
CPU temps: max ~50-55 degrees.
GPU out of the box: max 74 on stock fan curve.
m2: 54-59 degrees.
GPU utilisation in most games: 97-99%, seen 100% once

The only thing I notice that goes wary during this time, is that the GPU power draw drops at this exact point, it's as if all power going to the GPU stops at that point;
but it's hard to tell if the shorter of power is causing the stuttering, or the shortage of power going to the GPU is the symptom of the stuttering.

Also tried DX12/11 in some games switching to DX11 helps, in some even with DX11 stutter is present. Also lowering the graphics settings help. But the framerates are really good, as I mentioned above GPU utilisation is high.

So far tried the following:
  1. Disabled XMP and turbo boost, didn't help.
  2. Reinstalled windows and formatted all drives, didn't help.
  3. Disabled game bars also no luck.
  4. Run with minimal setup only drivers also didn't fix the issue.
  5. Tried enabling/disabling g-sync, also no luck.
  6. Changes monitor to my LG B9 4K TV, also sttutter is noticable.

I was wondering can this be a driver issue ? or maybe the graphics card hardware has issues? Just strange, some games run really well, but some have stuttering.
Although the stuttering seeams minor in some games but in the others like The Medium are really bad. The system runs out of the box settings. Didn't do any manual overclock.

Also, can two m2 driver somehow have an impact on GPU performance? I've tested them in Samsung Magician, no error detected, performance is per pcie 3.0 speck.

I don’t really have any ideas. However based on your description that reloading helps and you think it might be caching related I would be tempted to take out the 2nd SSD and see if it makes any difference.

I don’t expect it will tell us anything but could you run userbenchmark and share the public link to the results.

Status
Not open for further replies.