Oct 9, 2024
hi, I'm new here

I'm encountering a little issues that were angering me lately, maybe for lack of knowledge, or I dont really know whatsoever what's going on (im a newbie when it comes to tech)

I have:
850W 80 Plus Gold Modular
Intel Core i9 11900k
32GB
RTX 3090 24GB

my game is all clunky and on low fps, i have sometimes 200~300 but that lasts just the first initial minutes of the game, then drops to 80~100 and not having fluid gaming experience, any advice?

i have 2 monitors one with 240Hz and other with 60hz, when i alt tab, for example, my fps are gone aswell and i cant even have something open on the second monitor because it looks like it just eats all of my components performance

(the house im in is a old rental, could be the power plug i insert the cable of my pc on the house?) in my previous house that didn't happened at all

thank you all!

Last edited by a moderator:

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

(the house im in is a old rental, could be the power plug i insert the cable of my pc on the house?) in my previous house that didn't happened at all
Are you able to relocate to another wall outlet and see if the issue is alleviated?

850W 80 Plus Gold Modular
850W is the advertised wattage of the unit, while 80plus Gold is the advertised 80+ efficiency rating, what is the make and model of the unit? Ideally you should've gone with a 1KW unit if you were planning on dropping an RTX3090 into your build.

Make and model of your motherboard and the BIOS version for said motherboard?

On second thoughts, please list your specs like so:
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model. BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time.

my game is all clunky and on low fps, i have sometimes 200~300 but that lasts just the first initial minutes of the game, then drops to 80~100 and not having fluid gaming experience, any advice?
Have you tried using DDU to remove all GPU drivers(intel, AMD and Nvidia) in Safe Mode, then manually reinstalling the latest GPU driver sourced from Nvidia's support site in an elevated command?

Oct 9, 2024
I think I might have to do some digging in order to know the full specs of this build, bought it 3 years ago, but when i changed house the problems began and i just cant take it no more, wasted near 4k and I dont enjoy playing on it anymore

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Is cooler air or liquid? Yeah include this information as well when you list entire PC specs. Moving PC has chances of upsetting something inside the case, im suspecting cooler. What's your temps like under load?

Use something like CoreTemp to monitor temperature and cpu frequency on the second screen while you game. Take a screenshot of it and share it on Imgur or other image hosting service then link here.

If cpu is overheating, that'll affect how your graphics card performs.