muhaideennmk

Honorable
Apr 25, 2018
Hi,
I recently bought a MSI Ventus 3fan RTX 4060ti and paired it with my i7 8700,8gb ram,H310 mobo, 1tb hd,512gb ssd, CV750 psu. I mostly play Apex legends and CS 2.
I had a GTX 1050ti before and it gave me 70-80fps on apex legends in 720p. After upgrading my gpu i still get same fps. No improvement at all. Same goes for all the games i played. What could be the issue and is there any solution for this ?

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Fix that first. I'm assuming this PC is running a single dimm of ram.
You can:
A)Add another dimm of ram, but you become the beta tester for whether the 2 are compatible. (Generally not recommended.)
B)Buy a new 2 dimm kit of 16 or 32GB. (Generally recommended.) Selling the lone dimm might be an option for you.

Ram configuration also affects the performance of the cpu cores. So, if even ONE cpu core was reaching its max previously, then not much would change with the new card. The gpu can only go as fast as the work that's being sent to it.

muhaideennmk

Honorable
Apr 25, 2018
Fix that first. I'm assuming this PC is running a single dimm of ram.
You can:
A)Add another dimm of ram, but you become the beta tester for whether the 2 are compatible. (Generally not recommended.)
B)Buy a new 2 dimm kit of 16 or 32GB. (Generally recommended.) Selling the lone dimm might be an option for you.

Ram configuration also affects the performance of the cpu cores. So, if even ONE cpu core was reaching its max previously, then not much would change with the new card. The gpu can only go as fast as the work that's being sent to it.
I borrowed my friend's 8gb ram and tried in dual channel. I can ALT + TAB quickly but other than that no fps improvement. I gave the ram stick back to him later. I tried reinstalling game but still no help.

Dec 21, 2023
Issue might be with your monitor then ! Check what cable you are using and what version being a 720 monitor I think it cannot take anymore than 75 fps input , so i guess it is not ou gpu but the monitor!

muhaideennmk

Honorable
Apr 25, 2018
Issue might be with your monitor then ! Check what cable you are using and what version being a 720 monitor I think it cannot take anymore than 75 fps input , so i guess it is not ou gpu but the monitor!
When i look at the sky i get 140+ but when i look at the middle (play the game) my fps goes for 70-90