Question RTX 4080 Founder minimum clearance to side panel

mjbn1977

Distinguished
So, I am thinking of getting a RTX 4080 Founder as soon as they get available anywhere. I use a Corsair 400C case which has 170mm heatsink clearance. The founders has width of 137mm but that doesn't account for the power connector. Igors Lab said you should have 180mm in order to be safe with the power cable connector bend. But that is with the included connector. So the case is about 1 cm to small. But what about using a third party connector that uses right angled connectors. I heard that custom cable mod is planning to bring one out. Maybe others too. Using something like that should make my case work for this card. Does anyone know about available cables for this situation?

Thanks,

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
I heard that custom cable mod is planning to bring one out. Maybe others too. Using something like that should make my case work for this card.

CableMod adapter increases the GPU with with additional 22.6mm. Add that to the FE width of 137mm and total would be 159.6mm, giving you ample room to house the GPU. Also, free space can be even greater, since CPU cooler clearance excludes the CPU die and CPU socket thickness, which is ~8mm.

Does anyone know about available cables for this situation?

Sign-up for the pre-order here: https://store.cablemod.com/12vhpwr-angled-adapter/
Scroll down a bit, past adapter dimensions for the spot to sign-up.