Jan 19, 2021
I have an MSI RTX 2070 Super Ventus. Its works fine until I open the rtx. Its going well like 2 minutes than its crashing when I open RTX in any game.
I have tried in Control, Cyberpunk 2077, Quake 2 RTX, Minecraft RTX BETA and all games crashed after 15 seconds to 120 seconds. Can you help?
My PC components are: amd ryzen 7 3700x, msi b550m mortar, msi rtx 2070 super ventus, xigmatek x-power 700w 80+ psu, xigmatek aurora 240 cpu cooler, xigmatek cockpit mesh panel

Solution
That PSU also limited editions..... to Vietnam, not a joke. Nothing against Vietnam but I know where my finger would first point as to the most likely source of the problem.... PSU not up to the job. The RTX is not in all likelyhood the problem, it is mearly asking for the power it needs to run games, not getting it in a clean and stable manner so it crashs to save it's own life. Your RTX is doing you a favour.

Koykis

Commendable
Jan 15, 2021
I'm not sure how much load the RTX puts on the GPU, but considering it has separate processing cores dedicated to this it must be significant.
Have you checked your temps?
Does your game crash or you're getting a black screen and get the "Graphics driver failed" error?

Jan 19, 2021
I'm not sure how much load the RTX puts on the GPU, but considering it has separate processing cores dedicated to this it must be significant.
Have you checked your temps?
Does your game crash or you're getting a black screen and get the "Graphics driver failed" error?
I have checked the temps, it was about 73 Celsius degrees when I opened RTX in game then game crashed. I haven't got any error but I need to restart my pc when games crashing.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
Psu might be the problem. I have tried too many solutions but didn't worked. If I use a better psu, Will the new psu solve the problem?

It might not be the source of the current problem, but it really needs to replaced to definitively rule it out. It's not a waste of money because a >$500 GPU should never have been paired with a cheaply made PSU with an ancient, group-regulated design.

Reactions: Schlachtwolf
Jan 19, 2021
It might not be the source of the current problem, but it really needs to replaced to definitively rule it out. It's not a waste of money because a >$500 GPU should never have been paired with a cheaply made PSU with an ancient, group-regulated design.
Would it be a problem if I use my psu for 1 year and Do you have any suggestion for the RTX problem?

That PSU also limited editions..... to Vietnam, not a joke. Nothing against Vietnam but I know where my finger would first point as to the most likely source of the problem.... PSU not up to the job. The RTX is not in all likelyhood the problem, it is mearly asking for the power it needs to run games, not getting it in a clean and stable manner so it crashs to save it's own life. Your RTX is doing you a favour.

Solution
Jan 19, 2021
Ahhahahhahahahahaha! I have laughed that but also you are right. Now I need a new psu so What do you suggest?