Running Applications missing from taskbar

danr

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2003

Running Applications missing from taskbar

Symptoms: Start any program. Does not show on taskbar but works. Display in
task manager says it is running. Minimize running program & appl window
disappears but does not show on taskbar. Still is running in task manager.
Started this behavior today. System restore to day before & 3 days prior. No
change.
Any ideas?

Dan

Programs Aren't Minimized in the Taskbar (Line 240)

"DanR" <dan.rositer@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> Running Applications missing from taskbar
>
> Symptoms: Start any program. Does not show on taskbar but works. Display in task
> manager says it is running. Minimize running program & appl window disappears but
> does not show on taskbar. Still is running in task manager.
> Started this behavior today. System restore to day before & 3 days prior. No
> change.
> Any ideas?
>
> Dan

kelly

What she said! :eek:)

--

All the Best,
Kelly (MS-MVP)

Troubleshooting Windows XP
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

In memory of those lost during Katrina &
Prayers and Hope for the remaining displaced.

"TaurArian [MVP]" <taurarianREMOVECAPS@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Programs Aren't Minimized in the Taskbar (Line 240)
>

> "DanR" <dan.rositer@earthlink.net> wrote in message
>> Running Applications missing from taskbar
>>
>> Symptoms: Start any program. Does not show on taskbar but works. Display
>> in task manager says it is running. Minimize running program & appl
>> window disappears but does not show on taskbar. Still is running in task
>> manager.
>> Started this behavior today. System restore to day before & 3 days prior.
>> No change.
>> Any ideas?
>>
>> Dan

danr

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2003

That was it. Thanks a bunch. Greatest group...

Dan
"TaurArian [MVP]" <taurarianREMOVECAPS@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Programs Aren't Minimized in the Taskbar (Line 240)
>

> "DanR" <dan.rositer@earthlink.net> wrote in message
>> Running Applications missing from taskbar
>>
>> Symptoms: Start any program. Does not show on taskbar but works. Display
>> in task manager says it is running. Minimize running program & appl
>> window disappears but does not show on taskbar. Still is running in task
>> manager.
>> Started this behavior today. System restore to day before & 3 days prior.
>> No change.
>> Any ideas?
>>
>> Dan

Hi Kelly, glad you're okay. Heard you might have been caught up in Katrina.

Kaylene

> What she said! :eek:)
>
> --
>
> All the Best,
> Kelly (MS-MVP)
>
> Troubleshooting Windows XP
> http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com
>
> In memory of those lost during Katrina &
> Prayers and Hope for the remaining displaced.
>

> "TaurArian [MVP]" <taurarianREMOVECAPS@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Programs Aren't Minimized in the Taskbar (Line 240)
>>

>> "DanR" <dan.rositer@earthlink.net> wrote in message
>>> Running Applications missing from taskbar
>>>
>>> Symptoms: Start any program. Does not show on taskbar but works. Display in task
>>> manager says it is running. Minimize running program & appl window disappears but
>>> does not show on taskbar. Still is running in task manager.
>>> Started this behavior today. System restore to day before & 3 days prior. No
>>> change.
>>> Any ideas?
>>>
>>> Dan

kelly

Hi Kaylene,

Thanks for the response! Yes, we were and had no power for five days.
However, on a good note we are from Terrebonne Parish (born and raised - 57
miles from NO) and were able to take in over 15,000 displaced folks from
Jefferson Parish <9th Ward>.

Even after this length of time - to date, we are still searching and
re-uniting families with their loved ones. Note, that all of this work has
nothing to do with local/state nor federal agencies. This is all being done
from our heart and contributions. :eek:)

--

> Hi Kelly, glad you're okay. Heard you might have been caught up in
> Katrina.
>
> Kaylene

>> What she said! :eek:)
>>
>> --
>>
>> All the Best,
>> Kelly (MS-MVP)
>>
>> Troubleshooting Windows XP
>> http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com
>>
>> In memory of those lost during Katrina &
>> Prayers and Hope for the remaining displaced.
>>

>> "TaurArian [MVP]" <taurarianREMOVECAPS@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>> Programs Aren't Minimized in the Taskbar (Line 240)
>>> http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm
>>>

>>> "DanR" <dan.rositer@earthlink.net> wrote in message

Hi Kelly,

Hurricane Katrina was such a terrible thing to happen, so much heartbreak and
destruction. So much to be done. Hopefully many families will be reunited with their
loved ones.
I also offer my prayers and hope for those who are still searching for loved ones and
who have no home etc.

Kaylene / Australia

> Hi Kaylene,
>
> Thanks for the response! Yes, we were and had no power for five days. However, on
> a good note we are from Terrebonne Parish (born and raised - 57 miles from NO) and
> were able to take in over 15,000 displaced folks from Jefferson Parish <9th Ward>.
>
> Even after this length of time - to date, we are still searching and re-uniting
> families with their loved ones. Note, that all of this work has nothing to do with
> local/state nor federal agencies. This is all being done from our heart and
> contributions. :eek:)
>
> --
>
> All the Best,
> Kelly (MS-MVP)
>
> Troubleshooting Windows XP
> http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com
>
> In memory of those lost during Katrina &
> Prayers and Hope for the remaining displaced.
>

> "TaurArian [MVP]" <taurarianREMOVECAPS@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Hi Kelly, glad you're okay. Heard you might have been caught up in Katrina.
>>
>> Kaylene
>>
>> "Kelly" <kelly@mvps.org> wrote in message
>>> What she said! :eek:)
>>>
>>> --
>>>
>>> All the Best,
>>> Kelly (MS-MVP)
>>>
>>> Troubleshooting Windows XP
>>> http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com
>>>
>>> In memory of those lost during Katrina &
>>> Prayers and Hope for the remaining displaced.
>>>

>>> "TaurArian [MVP]" <taurarianREMOVECAPS@hotmail.com> wrote in message

kelly

Hi,

Many have been and many more still searching. Thanks for all of your kind
words. Sad to note that here in Thibodaux, we have 12 children under one
rescued without any living parents to date or by witness.

--

> Hi Kelly,
>
> Hurricane Katrina was such a terrible thing to happen, so much heartbreak
> and destruction. So much to be done. Hopefully many families will be
> reunited with their loved ones.
> I also offer my prayers and hope for those who are still searching for
> loved ones and who have no home etc.
>
> Kaylene / Australia

>> Hi Kaylene,
>>
>> Thanks for the response! Yes, we were and had no power for five days.
>> However, on a good note we are from Terrebonne Parish (born and raised -
>> 57 miles from NO) and were able to take in over 15,000 displaced folks
>> from Jefferson Parish <9th Ward>.
>>
>> Even after this length of time - to date, we are still searching and
>> re-uniting families with their loved ones. Note, that all of this work
>> has nothing to do with local/state nor federal agencies. This is all
>> being done from our heart and contributions. :eek:)
>>
>> --
>>
>> All the Best,
>> Kelly (MS-MVP)
>>
>> Troubleshooting Windows XP
>> http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com
>>
>> In memory of those lost during Katrina &
>> Prayers and Hope for the remaining displaced.
>>

>> "TaurArian [MVP]" <taurarianREMOVECAPS@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>> Hi Kelly, glad you're okay. Heard you might have been caught up in
>>> Katrina.
>>>
>>> Kaylene
>>>
>>> "Kelly" <kelly@mvps.org> wrote in message

Hi Kelly,

This must be very traumatic on all who are there, the victims, the helpers and the
rescuers.
If you care to keep me updated personally I can be contacted on
taurarian@NOSPAMhotmail.com - delete the NOSPAM

Kaylene

For others who are reading:

http://www.microsoft.com/mscorp/citizenship/giving/relief.asp
Hurricane Katrina: How You Can Help

Kelly wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Many have been and many more still searching. Thanks for all of your
> kind words. Sad to note that here in Thibodaux, we have 12 children
> under one rescued without any living parents to date or by witness.

danr

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2003

I seem to have lost about 10 days of this newgrp. My original reply is not
here, misplaced or I forgot to send it.
At any rate, kelly was the solution & thanks,

Dan