Question Running Folding@Home almost 24/7 can it hurt my GPU? (Only GPU)

AleksiDj52

Honorable
Mar 4, 2017
Hello everyone, first of all, English is not my mother tongue so i hope you understand what i say. So i am running Folding@Home almost 24/7 and i wanted to know if it hurts my GPU (For my CPU it definitely hurts because it hits above 90c so let's not talk about that lol). So when the software Folds using my GPU, my GPU hits 59c with the fans off (or not running), when the GPU hits 60-61c the fans start running and it cools it down to around 56c and the fans shut off and it's a whole loop. I was wondering if that whole loop is hurting my GPU (the fans running and shutting off all the time) and if i let the GPU Fold all day hurts it aswell. I can say that my GPU temps are very good, 60c with the fans not running i am quite impressed, the highest temps i've seen on my GPU while gaming is 61-62c (with the fans off). Thank you (Specs down below)

P.S: My GPU Fan right now stays around 34% speed or 1030 RPM (and 58c) constantly because of high temps here in my country but i will still be folding again at winter time so the whole loop will happen again.

Specs:

• Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-P55M-UD2
• CPU - Intel Core I5-750 2.80ghz (OC'ed to 3.1GHz)
• Graphics Card - Gigabyte GTX 1050 TI Windforce 4GB (Not OC'ed)
• RAM - Corsair 12GB DDR3 1333mhz
• SSD - Samsung SSD 860 EVO 500GB

AleksiDj52

Honorable
Mar 4, 2017
Should be fine in my opinion. Run it all day just make sure temps are within reason. I do.
OK i thought the same. I just let it all night Folding both my CPU and GPU, and the CPU temps were umm let's not talk about the CPU lol... other than that, the GPU was running at 50c with i think 56% fan speed. But yeah temps are good in the GPU

scodd

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2011
I have a 9700k and have been letting it go full 24/7 for the last few weeks. CPU temps are in mid 70s when folding. I have it slightly overclocked to 4.7 on all 8 cores.

AleksiDj52

Honorable
Mar 4, 2017
I have a 9700k and have been letting it go full 24/7 for the last few weeks. CPU temps are in mid 70s when folding. I have it slightly overclocked to 4.7 on all 8 cores.
You are all good, temps looks without a doubt better than mine because whenever i fold both the CPU and GPU my CPU hits 99c in a few min, so yea you're good

How is Folding@Home different from coin mining? Intensity? You become a part of cloud computing.
If you have a resource that is supposed to last you for 43,800 hours (5 years), you just spend it, it is up to you on what. Now the project is supposedly supporting a good deed so it is up to you.

TRENDING THREADS