Every time I try to enter Internet Explorer , I get a dropdown with this
message Runtime error:
"This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an uunusual
way, please contact the application's support team for more information,"
I have no idea what is going on, but I cannot open any IE programs.
Can anyone help?

"Bill Johnson" <billjohnson@hot.rr.com> wrote in message
> Every time I try to enter Internet Explorer , I get a dropdown with
> this message Runtime error:
> "This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an
> uunusual way, please contact the application's support team for more
> information," I have no idea what is going on, but I cannot open any
> IE programs. Can anyone help?

Runtime Library Microsoft Visual C++, Runtime Error Program
C:\Windows\Explorer.exe or Iexplore.exe, abnormal program termination.
http://www.doxdesk.com/parasite/CommonName.html
or
http://www.trendmicro.com/vinfo/virusencyclo/default5.asp?VName=TROJ_AGENT.BK
also make sure you don't have both the Sun JRE and the Microsoft VM JIT
compiler enabled.
If you have the Google toolbar try uninstalling it.

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
http://www.fjsmjs.com

Jim

"Bill Johnson" <billjohnson@hot.rr.com> wrote in message
> Every time I try to enter Internet Explorer , I get a dropdown with this
> message Runtime error:
> "This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an uunusual
> way, please contact the application's support team for more information,"
> I have no idea what is going on, but I cannot open any IE programs.
> Can anyone help?

This sounds like malware. You do have AV and firewall software running,
don't you?
In any case, run several of the popular malware removal tools that are
mentioned over and over and over is ths newsgroup.
Jim

Thanks for the response. I ran a search for sun JRE and Msoft VNMJIT and
found no files. I do have McAfee Firewall running. More help please.
Remember, I cannot get to the internet.
Bill

"Jim" <j.n@nospam.com> wrote in message

> "Bill Johnson" <billjohnson@hot.rr.com> wrote in message
>> Every time I try to enter Internet Explorer , I get a dropdown with this
>> message Runtime error:
>> "This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an
>> uunusual way, please contact the application's support team for more
>> information,"
>> I have no idea what is going on, but I cannot open any IE programs.
>> Can anyone help?
>>

> This sounds like malware. You do have AV and firewall software running,
> don't you?
> In any case, run several of the popular malware removal tools that are
> mentioned over and over and over is ths newsgroup.
> Jim

Thanks to all who responded to my problem. One of you sent me to a website
where I was advised to delete the "Google Toolbar from the program files".
It worked.
Thanks again

"Bill Johnson" <billjohnson@hot.rr.com> wrote in message
> Every time I try to enter Internet Explorer , I get a dropdown with this
> message Runtime error:
> "This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an uunusual
> way, please contact the application's support team for more information,"
> I have no idea what is going on, but I cannot open any IE programs.
> Can anyone help?

Thanks to all who sent suggestions to this problem.
Bill Johnson