[SOLVED] Rust Low Fps

Feb 11, 2020
I had already posted a thread like this but I currently own an rtx 2080 paired with a ryzen 7 2700, when I play rust my gpu usage is usually really low sitting around the 30’s I have swapped my psu, my ram is 3466mhz 16gb. It only happens in rust all other games are fine, does anyone know anything because usually I’m not able to hit high frame rates when I truly need them..

Solution
It's likely just the game then. I'm not seeing anything wrong with your setup.
You're not seeing this happen in your other games... Rust must be one of those poorly optimized titles alongside the likes of PUBG, and Arma 3.

You can try checking for game updates/patches, but there's not much else you can do about it when the problem isn't on your end.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
You're not seeing this happen in your other games... Rust must be one of those poorly optimized titles alongside the likes of PUBG, and Arma 3.

You can try checking for game updates/patches, but there's not much else you can do about it when the problem isn't on your end.

Solution
Feb 11, 2020

The thing is, people with i

You are most likely right, although my old build with an rx 580 and i5 8400 got better gpu usage (Almost 100%) in any setting... Could it be the resolution and ryzen optimization?

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Did you reinstall Windows after the upgrade?
Could it be the resolution
You changed monitors as well?
As you go up in resolution and graphics settings, the greater the load on the gpu, and less for the cpu. Vice versa, it's the opposite.

ryzen optimization?
You installed the motherboard's drivers(Chipset, SATA, LAN, etc.)? Bios updates sometimes contain system improvements as well.

Feb 11, 2020
Did you reinstall Windows after the upgrade?
It's a new build, so no
You changed monitors as well?
As you go up in resolution and graphics settings, the greater the load on the gpu, and less for the cpu. Vice versa, it's the opposite.
I have 3 monitors, the same ones I had with the rx 580 build

You installed the motherboard's drivers(Chipset, SATA, LAN, etc.)? Bios updates sometimes contain system improvements as well.
I did