[SOLVED] RX 5600XT Sapphire - no anti-aliasing in games and low video quality on YouTube, Netflix etc. (artifacts?)

Jan 8, 2021
Sorry for my english, i don't use this language every day.

Hi, a few days ago I bought a new computer with RX 5600 XT with which I have a problem, namely in games such as Forza Horizon 4 or Mafia Remake the edges are not smooth despite the anti-aliasing turned on, as if it did not work at all, in addition, in any player such as YouTube or Netflix image it is of poor quality, it looks like hd, not full hd. I have a PS4 that has always been connected to the same monitor and the same cable and the picture looks much, much better there. I heard that it was a driver problem, I removed them via DDU and uploaded various others but it didn't help, I changed driver settings such as Image Sharpening etc. It didn't help either. Same as changing the cable and hdmi inputs. Does anyone have any other ideas? Please help.

I use iiyama x2483hsu monitor.
https://postimg.cc/MnMJm09t
https://postimg.cc/zHbFcf4m

Solution
SilentiumPC Vero L3
It may be popular but that does not make it good. At least this model is a mediocre one. Not bad for sure but not good either. If you want to buy from that brand I would suggest the Supremo FM2 or the Supremo M1 Gold.

As for the GPU. You tried DDU and another port/cable so those 2 other options of being the issue have gone out of the board. Artifacts are usually VRAM related and most of the time underclocking VRAM (and sometimes core clock also), can make them go away but it's only temporary and they do return for sure. The amount of time differs. Can be a week, a month, several months or even year but they will return. They are a sign of a dying/faulty GPU.
Jan 8, 2021
Was it a prebuilt?
I believe you need to contact the shop for RMA since artifacts are never a good sign and since you already used DDU, I believe it's a faulty GPU.
Full system specs would help though. Do include make and model of your PSU.

The store put together the computer with new parts that were bought separately from another, I have contact with the store, I can replace the gpu without a problem, I just want to check if the problem is not that big, or maybe just a setting in the driver or something similar. I want to exchange this RX soon for a RTX 3060Ti and for an additional price difference, but it is very, very difficult to access at the moment.
PC components:
  • Intel Core i5-10400F
  • Gigabyte Z490M
  • Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 5600 XT BE 6GB GDDR6 (11296-05-20G)
  • Patriot P300 256 GB M.2 2280 PCI-E x4 (P300P256GM28)
  • P300 2 TB 3.5" SATA III (HDWD120UZSVA)
  • Patriot Viper Steel, DDR4, 16 GB, 3600MHz, CL18 (PVS416G360C8K)
    [*]Cooler SilentiumPC Spartan 4 MAX

- '''''PSU SilentiumPC Vero L3 600W (SPC266)'''''
- Case SilentiumPC Signum SG1 TG Pure Black (SPC230)
This PSU is very, very popular in my country, i
think it is something similar to a buget bequiet! PSU.

SilentiumPC Vero L3
It may be popular but that does not make it good. At least this model is a mediocre one. Not bad for sure but not good either. If you want to buy from that brand I would suggest the Supremo FM2 or the Supremo M1 Gold.

As for the GPU. You tried DDU and another port/cable so those 2 other options of being the issue have gone out of the board. Artifacts are usually VRAM related and most of the time underclocking VRAM (and sometimes core clock also), can make them go away but it's only temporary and they do return for sure. The amount of time differs. Can be a week, a month, several months or even year but they will return. They are a sign of a dying/faulty GPU.

Reactions: Casper0503
Solution
Jan 8, 2021

Ok, thank you very much for your help, I will replace the gpu with another one, probably for RTX 3060Ti when it is already available for purchase, or I will decide on a better power supply too, 600 watts is enough for RTX 3060Ti in your opinion?

A good quality PSU can overcome easily being lower power wattage than what Nvidia or AMD recommends for a system. The thing is that 3000 series are notorious for tripping even good quality PSUs due to very high power spikes they will ask.

So yeah normally 600w would be enough for a 3060Ti but if your budget allows, I would pick a bit higher wattage just to be on the safe side. In the end, having more than you need, is never bad, as your psu will run quieter and cooler.

Reactions: Casper0503
Jan 8, 2021
A good quality PSU can overcome easily being lower power wattage than what Nvidia or AMD recommends for a system. The thing is that 3000 series are notorious for tripping even good quality PSUs due to very high power spikes they will ask.

So yeah normally 600w would be enough for a 3060Ti but if your budget allows, I would pick a bit higher wattage just to be on the safe side. In the end, having more than you need, is never bad, as your psu will run quieter and cooler.
Okay, thank you so much for help 💕

Reactions: dotas1