Question RX 570 8gb Bios error 0FL01

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 4, 2023
So I built a pc for my brother, from an OptiPlex, and got a gpu (Rx570 8gb) from ebay. After many other attempts of fixing Windows error 43, i concluded that it was a mining bios that was flashed, and attempted to use ATIVBFlash, gui and cmd versions, but I had an error of "Mismatched ssid" with the old ssid being "05bd" and new being "0588".
The specific error code was 0FL01.
I am using version 3.31, so the force flash option isnt working
I have read in other places that older versions sometimes work, but havent found a download.
What other info is needed to diagnose it for sure, and what are recommendations for fixing this?
Thanks for the help.

So I built a pc for my brother, from an OptiPlex, and got a gpu (Rx570 8gb) from ebay. After many other attempts of fixing Windows error 43, i concluded that it was a mining bios that was flashed, and attempted to use ATIVBFlash, gui and cmd versions, but I had an error of "Mismatched ssid" with the old ssid being "05bd" and new being "0588".
The specific error code was 0FL01.
I am using version 3.31, so the force flash option isnt working
I have read in other places that older versions sometimes work, but havent found a download.
What other info is needed to diagnose it for sure, and what are recommendations for fixing this?
Thanks for the help.
use ver 2.93, download it here. code 43 on mining bios is normal, its caused by the driver wont start since the vbios doesnt have any uefi gop that would work with a modified driver (magic uefi gop need to be used) + it breaks the signature. flashing it back to any normal non mining bios would make it work most of the time, unless card is busted.

Feb 4, 2023
Thanks for the link.
The flash did work...
However it did end up with a black screen and no display.
I ended up opening it up, and either
1-stickers on both sides of the board were replaced with rx 570 stickers, while the chip's etched number links back to polaris 10, aka a 470
2- they are just the same chip, and its still bricked
Regardless, its a problem.

Last edited:
Thanks for the link.
The flash did work...
However it did end up with a black screen and no display.
I ended up opening it up, and either
1-stickers on both sides of the board were replaced with rx 570 stickers, while the chip's etched number links back to polaris 10, aka a 470
2- they are just the same chip, and its still bricked
Regardless, its a problem.
If you have an IGPU in the processor, then enable it and make primary display at IGPU, then you could reflash the gpu again (i've done this several times for bricked gpu)

Also, could you please tell the gpu and the brand (any details like the sticker, vram manuf, etc would be VERY helpful)

Status
Not open for further replies.