[SOLVED] RX 5700XT Green screen bad gpu?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 11, 2019
Hello, Sorry to bother you with another RX 5700XT Post. But..... I read all the threads about it in this forum and it seems that still i have a problem...

System
I7 7700k
Msi b250m pro vd
Ddr4 2x8 2133mhz value select
850evo ssd
Rm550x gold
RX 5700XT
Monitor Asus VS(something don't remember) 60hz FHD

So lets begin!
First day i got the card i did clean install Windows on my Pc.After i installed the driver's (19.8.1)
Download my first game and started playing.
FPS wasn't good but it wasn't my main problem. After a few minutes Discord was becoming unresponsive and finally became a black window! This was keep happening after restarting and reinstalled. After some 1-2 hours of gaming the screen went GREEN. I could hear the discord sounds and talk but system was unresponsive and green! My screen has only dvi,vga,HDMI

After 2 green screens i switched to an active display port to vga adaptor! Smoothness was visible but the image quality was decreased noticable.
I downloaded 2 more games that was running fine (battlefield 1,Rome 2,Pubg) But then windows started to be unresponsive too! Graphics components of windows (mainly the action bar, search bar)

So i downloaded aida64 to see my temp's! Was fine (hotspot,vram,diode) all reasonable. Then i press aida stress test and the whole system was like slow motion! Last but not least i notice that my screen color's in some places were bad and shaped like noise

I just format my PC again and i am going to install 19.10 driver's but don't think will do anything...
Tommorow also i am buying a new hdmi cable 2.0 even my screen doesn't support 2.0

Could be the monitor?
Could be bad gpu?
Could be small psu?
Could be just a bad optimized card by amd?

Solution
Id say power supply my rx5700xt while gaming would shut the display down but the pc would still run during gaming and I had a 550w and got a 650w gold and these issues stopped. I think your processor/mobo is better than mine too. My 550 was a bronze not gold though and my screen only went black with cannot display message. In hindsight I would have probably gone for a 700 or 750 gold. Most gold PSU runs very high efficiency at 20% capacity so going higher than you need for like future proofing isn't a bad idea.

kingbowcat

Reputable
Oct 9, 2019
Id say power supply my rx5700xt while gaming would shut the display down but the pc would still run during gaming and I had a 550w and got a 650w gold and these issues stopped. I think your processor/mobo is better than mine too. My 550 was a bronze not gold though and my screen only went black with cannot display message. In hindsight I would have probably gone for a 700 or 750 gold. Most gold PSU runs very high efficiency at 20% capacity so going higher than you need for like future proofing isn't a bad idea.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.