[SOLVED] RX 5700xt not performing well in games.

Shrek07

Honorable
Mar 12, 2017
Hello guys,I recently bought a new AROUS RX 5700XT card.

I saw that the card is not performing so well in most games comapred to the youtube benchmarks that i watch with the same configuration as mine.

An exemple would be when i play COD Black Ops Cold War I only get around 110 fps on nuketown with the lowest setting 1080p,while on yt benchmarks they get around 140-160 fps even 200.

I was wondering if is a problem with my card,I also noticed that the boost clock wont stay at 1905mhz and will oscilate from 1700mhz-1800-1900.

My setup is RX 5700xt aorus i7-8700,16gb RAM,I also get very low fps playing warzone on low setting like 80-max 90 fps while in game.

Any help is really appreciated.

Last edited:
Solution
Hello, thank you for your answear,

The power draw in full load is around 220W,I didnt increased the power draw via the adrenalina software,the card stays around 70-80C.

My psu is Seasonic Evo 620w PSU

Please do increase the power draw as a 5700xt should be pulling atleast 250w (usually it's around 275) and please undervolt. For the 5700xt is mandatory to undervolt to actually increase performance. The stock 1.2mV is way too high for that card and increases temps unnecessarily. AMD architecture (be that cpus or gpus) gives it's best performance when temperatures are tamed. Yours are not incredibly bad, but if you get 80C on the dye I'm pretty sure you're getting a constant 110 degrees o the junction. Try to do the usual 1.1mV...

David0ne86

Prominent
Mar 11, 2021
Im calling it before even this dude replying, he's getting bottlenecked either by the psu or the cpu.

Since your boost clock is all over the place the first candidate is the psu. How's the power draw on the card? What is your psu? Have you increased the power draw via the adrenalin software? What are the temps on the card?

You left out too many things for any of us to help out.

Shrek07

Honorable
Mar 12, 2017
Im calling it before even this dude replying, he's getting bottlenecked either by the psu or the cpu.

Since your boost clock is all over the place the first candidate is the psu. How's the power draw on the card? What is your psu? Have you increased the power draw via the adrenalin software? What are the temps on the card?

You left out too many things for any of us to help out.

The power draw in full load is around 220W,I didnt increased the power draw via the adrenalina software,the card stays around 70-80C.

David0ne86

Prominent
Mar 11, 2021

Please do increase the power draw as a 5700xt should be pulling atleast 250w (usually it's around 275) and please undervolt. For the 5700xt is mandatory to undervolt to actually increase performance. The stock 1.2mV is way too high for that card and increases temps unnecessarily. AMD architecture (be that cpus or gpus) gives it's best performance when temperatures are tamed. Yours are not incredibly bad, but if you get 80C on the dye I'm pretty sure you're getting a constant 110 degrees o the junction. Try to do the usual 1.1mV and see how it goes from there. If it crashes raise that to 1.15, if it's stable try to take it down 0.05mV at a time.

Solution

andypouch

Prominent
Oct 16, 2019
No sweat, calm down.
You must be a millennial. A piece of advice, do not take everything you see in youtube as gospel. Somehow, you have to take them as a grain of salt rather.

I have experience in AMD drivers. Are you using the latest one 21.4.1? Dump it!

Uninstall it and install the one before the current one 21.3.1.

Also uninstall your current driver with AMD Cleanuputility https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/gpu-601