[SOLVED] RX 580 Crashes/ Errors?

ilzot

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2013
Hey everyone!

Recently I just picked up a used RX 580 on eBay to replace my GTX 750 TI SC. With this purchase, my build is as follows:

CPU: FX-6300
MOBO: MSI 970
RAM: 8GB
GPU: RX 580
PSU: 550w
STORAGE: 128gb SSD, 1 TB and 3 TB HDD

I am well aware that there is a CPU bottleneck with this build, but I got the card for a good deal so I figured I would just get it anyway.

Otherwise, the only easy thing that has occured with this card is the physical installation process. Other than that it's been rough. I tried installing the latest drivers and was greeted with a 1603 error, which I opted to install some older drivers. Through these older drivers I yet again tried to update and the error occurred again, but it appears that the driver updated. The interface changed and everything. Weird.

Along with this, the game I've been playing (The Hunter Call of the Wild, great game by the way) has not been working for more than 10 minutes at a time. Originally I was greeted with the following error message when the game crashed:

Device Removed, Reason: DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG: Graphics device stopped responding. There might be an infinite loop in a GPU program. Please verify that the latest graphics device drivers are installed.

But again, I supposedly DO have the latest drivers.

Also, the crashes have now turned into this:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EorBs3zvpPY

I'm a bit at a loss as to what to do. When working the game looks beautiful and runs very smooth. However like I said this only lasts for around 10 minutes at a time. I really want to try and get this ironed out before my new monitor gets in.

If anyone has any suggestions or further questions as to how to get this card to work properly please let me know!

Thank you so much everyone and Merry Christmas!

ilzot

Solution
Sounds to me like the gpu has been hammered and is nearing its end. You could take the heatsink off and try and put some new paste on and see if that help ? If you only just got the gpu return it or use the eBay customer protection u do not need the hassle when these cards are cheap enough new !!

Stewart_2

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2015
Sounds to me like the gpu has been hammered and is nearing its end. You could take the heatsink off and try and put some new paste on and see if that help ? If you only just got the gpu return it or use the eBay customer protection u do not need the hassle when these cards are cheap enough new !!

Solution