[SOLVED] RX-590, MSI 970A-G43 compatability

Sep 11, 2019
Hey guys dumb question, was wondering if a Sapphire Radeon RX-590 8GB would be compatible with my current motherboard which is a MSI 970a-g43. And if not if there are any comparable suggestions you guys may have? Thank you in advance.

Solution
Azza Alpha 500W
Ok. That thing needs to go, because it's not a true 500w power supply. It's true output is 379w - not enough to handle your current cpu + RX 590 + everything else.

CPU is a AMD FX-8320.
I figured, from the motherboard model, but I needed to ask anyway. You are looking at pretty significant overhaul - cpu/motherboard/ram/gpu/psu.

Your current motherboard was not properly designed to handle cpus over 95w TDP. In time, that 8320 will kill the motherboard via burning out the VRMs.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Azza Alpha 500W
Ok. That thing needs to go, because it's not a true 500w power supply. It's true output is 379w - not enough to handle your current cpu + RX 590 + everything else.

CPU is a AMD FX-8320.
I figured, from the motherboard model, but I needed to ask anyway. You are looking at pretty significant overhaul - cpu/motherboard/ram/gpu/psu.

Your current motherboard was not properly designed to handle cpus over 95w TDP. In time, that 8320 will kill the motherboard via burning out the VRMs.

Solution
Sep 11, 2019

Okay so one last question and I’ll stop wasting your time. If you personally had to suggest a GPU for this current set up without changing out the PSU or motherboard what would you suggest. Thank you

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Okay so one last question and I’ll stop wasting your time. If you personally had to suggest a GPU for this current set up without changing out the PSU or motherboard what would you suggest. Thank you
Without putting your system at risk and causing a possible fire, a GT 1030.
You're welcome to try your luck with a GTX 1050, but...
Psu 500w(actually 379) - 8320(170w) - GTX 1050(75w) = 134w to account for everything else.
While that 134w is a fair bit of extra headroom, the point is, you should avoid pushing the psu too hard. The harder you push the system, the sooner it'll throw in the towel.