Status
Not open for further replies.

jataullah

Reputable
Jan 30, 2019
So to understand the situation, u must read this thread: https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/rx-580-no-signal.3443985/?view=date
The thread was left unsolved and I decided to pause it since I had exams coming up. Now exams are gone...its back...however now I ordered a new psu, BRAND NEW graphics card and a new motherboard and here they are:
GPU: XFX RX 590 8GB Fatboy
PSU: CoolerMaster 700W
MoBo: Asus Prime Z270-P

Even after this work….the EXACT same problem...still no display....not with the 580 nor with the 590 BUT the 1050 ti still works. PLEASE I BEG YOU HELP.

On a side note, a couple days ago my friend simply upgraded to 1080 with completely no issues....WHICH MAKES ME SO JELOUS BECAUSE IV BEEN IN HTIS ISSUE FOR MONTHS....sorry about that...please help :/

Oscil

Reputable
Mar 8, 2019
What cable are u using to connect your gpu to your monitor ? And what monitor are you using ?
A friend of mine has similar problems till he used hdmi 2.0.
I also had a similar problem when I installed my new gpu but somehow it got fixed by reseting the bios.

Last edited:

jataullah

Reputable
Jan 30, 2019
What cable are u using to connect your gpu to your monitor ? And what monitor are you using ?
A friend of mine has similar problems till he used hdmi 2.0.
I also had a similar problem when I installed my new gpu but somehow it got fixed by reseting the bios.
That's why I said u have to check the previous thread I linked...however I did not reset the BIOS in this Mobo...but wouldn't that mean the 1050 ti to not work as well? And I am using an HDMI cable which works with the 1050 ti. Monitor is mentioned in Linked thread.

Oscil

Reputable
Mar 8, 2019
My gtx 1060 was working fine. Then after I plugged my new gpu I had no signal. And I ended up fixing it with bios reset.
Worth a try I guess.
My friend upgraded from a 1050 to a rx590 and it worked just fine tho.

Last edited:

jataullah

Reputable
Jan 30, 2019
My gtx 1060 was working fine. Then after I plugged my new gpu I had no signal. And I ended up fixing it with bios reset.
Worth a try I guess.
My friend upgraded from a 1050 to a rx590 and it worked just fine tho.
Okay I just removed the CMOS battery waited 30 seconds and put it back and turn it on...still same problem

jataullah

Reputable
Jan 30, 2019
Just to be clear the graphics card now is working ...turned out that the problem was with the bios...anyways...now it does not work in safe mode now... (Made new thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.