Question rx 6600 bottleneck

bluebudgie

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2015
I just upgraded to an RX 6600 and am getting lower to almost same fps as my old 1050ti in games such as valhalla, elden ring and halo infinite, some of them are even underperforming due to stutters making it unplayable. Is my i5 7500 really bottlenecking that much cause I did already know it was gonna bottleneck but not to such extent. Could it be something else?
PC specs: i5 7500, RX6600, ASUS z270A, 450W PSU

bluebudgie

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2015
Tell us the process, step by step, on how you performed the replacement.

What brand is your PSU? A 450 W unit is spec'ed but important to know if yours is a good quality one and how old.
Did DDU in safe mode with removal of physx in options, nvidia. Then shutdown the system, grounded any static by touching the psu and then removed my 1050ti,removed the wires , took out the Asrock rx6600 from its box and placed it in my system. Connected back the wires including the 8pin power connector to rx 6600 and launched the pc, installed the drivers and restart. Launched valhalla with complete excitement and was witnessed with garbage fps, updated the drivers and launched gtav, battlefield1, elden ring...same results performing worse than my 1050ti😤Only bops3 was performing well. Also usage of gpu was fluctuating between 30-60% and cpu was 100%
PSU is Corsair VS450, I think it does support my 6600 quite well since its able to hit 100w without any problems

Last edited:

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
Did DDU in safe mode with removal of physx in options, nvidia. Then shutdown the system, grounded any static by touching the psu and then removed my 1050ti,removed the wires , took out the Asrock rx6600 from its box and placed it in my system. Connected back the wires including the 8pin power connector to rx 6600 and launched the pc, installed the drivers and restart. Launched valhalla with complete excitement and was witnessed with garbage fps, updated the drivers and launched gtav, battlefield1, elden ring...same results performing worse than my 1050ti😤Only bops3 was performing well. Also usage of gpu was fluctuating between 30-60% and cpu was 100%
PSU is Corsair VS450, I think it does support my 6600 quite well since its able to hit 100w without any problems

If CPU is 100% then you will need to consider an update to that (probably CPU/Mobo/RAM) which is more capable of running the new GPU.