Hello everyone!
Ryzen 7 2700x
Rx6900xt
Gigabyte b450 aorus pro wifi
500gb Samsung 970 evo m.2
2tb Samsung 870 qvo ssd
2x Trident neo 8g ddr4
Evga 80+ bronze 850w
I recently moved and travelled with my pc. When I finally got home I did a look over my PC and noticed my sata connector on my old MOBO had broken so I replaced it. After rebuilding and replacing everything that looked damaged. I found that my PC wouldn’t display to the TCL roku smart tv that I’m using. Maybe 1/10 times it will actually display but overall it fails to repeatedly. The first time I managed to get it to run properly I tried to play destiny 2 and every time I focused on the game window it would close out destiny. I tried different HDMI chords, cleaning ram, Resetting the PC and rebooting windows to no avail. Now I’m lucky if I get a display. I’m afraid of my GPU being bricked because the MOBO light for VGA is on after POST But even with my GPU removed the VGA light still stays on. If anyone can help I would greatly appreciate it.

Last edited by a moderator:

LTL428

Prominent
Feb 14, 2022
Hello everyone!
Ryzen 7 2700x
Rx6900xt
Gigabyte b450 aorus pro wifi
500gb Samsung 970 evo m.2
2tb Samsung 870 qvo ssd
2x Trident neo 8g ddr4
Evga 80+ bronze 850w
I recently moved and travelled with my pc. When I finally got home I did a look over my PC and noticed my sata connector on my old MOBO had broken so I replaced it. After rebuilding and replacing everything that looked damaged. I found that my PC wouldn’t display to the TCL roku smart tv that I’m using. Maybe 1/10 times it will actually display but overall it fails to repeatedly. The first time I managed to get it to run properly I tried to play destiny 2 and every time I focused on the game window it would close out destiny. I tried different HDMI chords, cleaning ram, Resetting the PC and rebooting windows to no avail. Now I’m lucky if I get a display. I’m afraid of my GPU being bricked because the MOBO light for VGA is on after POST But even with my GPU removed the VGA light still stays on. If anyone can help I would greatly appreciate it.
Can you try using a different GPU? It won't fix your problem but it will let you determine that the component at fault is not the PCIe slot. Speaking of which, you can also try using a different slot. And if you can, unplug the GPU, get a signal from the HDMI/VGA/DVI/etc port on your mobo and do a system restore on the computer(If you just so happen to have a system restore date that dates back to before you traveled, which you hopefully do). I most likely won't reply to this thread again, so I hope the information I've given you has helped you. If it has, I hope you have fun with your PC. Cya!