[SOLVED] RX5700XT Screen Goes Black when installing Software

rukeerox

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2012
I just upgraded from Rx580 to 5700xt but after a clean uninstall using DDU try to install new gpu drivers to 5700xt its works with windows generic drivers but while the installation going on screen goes off and never comes back so i uninstall the 5700xt using safemode and put back my old gpu and its works like charm my main guess is lack of power generating from my psu . any advice guys

Ryzen 5 2600

MSI B450 Carbon Pro Ac

HyperX Fury - 2x8GB 3200hZ

VS650 80+White

1xM.2 240GB

2xHDD 7200RPM

5XCasing Fans and Controller

2XRGB Strips an Controller

3+ USB Usage

And Aorus RX5700XT

Solution
Uninstall the old drivers first, then reboot into safe mode and, since you had an AMD card prior, use AMD's Clean Up Utility to clean out old settings. Then restart back into safe mode and use DDU to snuff out any remaining dregs of the old drivers.

Once back into Windows, re-install the chipset drivers for the B450 chipset in addition to the graphics drivers for RX5700XT. Also, use the latest drivers from AMD web site and not the drivers bundled with the card.
Uninstall the old drivers first, then reboot into safe mode and, since you had an AMD card prior, use AMD's Clean Up Utility to clean out old settings. Then restart back into safe mode and use DDU to snuff out any remaining dregs of the old drivers.

Once back into Windows, re-install the chipset drivers for the B450 chipset in addition to the graphics drivers for RX5700XT. Also, use the latest drivers from AMD web site and not the drivers bundled with the card.

Solution