[SOLVED] Ryujin 360 / i9-12900K Cooling issues

Jan 3, 2022
I recently purchased an i9-12900k and an Asus Ryujin 360 AIO cooler. I installed the cooler perfectly. No issues installing. It is flush to the cpu and thermal paste stock from the cooler itself. When I boot the computer, I went to BIOS and the CPU temp was sitting between 89 and 90c. Any ideas on why the cooler wouldnt be sufficient for the CPU. Just to clarify, the fans were all powered on and spinning at about 2500 RPM the entire time. There is also no OC going. This is all base settings for the Asus Tuf Gaming x690-PLUS WIFI D4.

Solution
A)Dead pump.
B)Liquid flow is impeded or blocked by debris inside the loop.
C)Using LGA 1200 mouting instead of LGA 1700. I've read that using the 1200 spacing is less than perfect - that it still doesn't sit as well as the 1700 kit does. So if you're using the former, I strongly suggest contacting Asus and getting the latter.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
A)Dead pump.
B)Liquid flow is impeded or blocked by debris inside the loop.
C)Using LGA 1200 mouting instead of LGA 1700. I've read that using the 1200 spacing is less than perfect - that it still doesn't sit as well as the 1700 kit does. So if you're using the former, I strongly suggest contacting Asus and getting the latter.

Solution