Ryzen 1700 / EVGA 1080 crashed and wont boot - HELP!

ha2fb

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2008
I have read and tried as many steps from the sticky - "perform these steps before posting about”. My computer froze while using Photoshop this morning. I could hear Spotify running in the background for 1-2 mins before I did a hard reset. The system would not POST from here out. I simply have a black screen on Windows 10 and no cursor or a BIOS screen

First let me say that I built this system in March/April of this year and the system has been working since that time. I have been receiving periodic crashes/freezes of applications and the system itself for the last month of so. I believed it was a gpu driver problem according to event viewer. The problem I had was pertaining to OpenGL so I used DDU to uninstall and reinstall the latest for my 1080. The only things that would crash were Photoshop and Fortnite. Aside from that, I also believed it could be the PSU as the PSU was never upgraded and I had the same errors on the older system. I have since purchased a smaller yet newer PSU to be used on my other PC (which was using a PSU from the previous PC… 3 PC’s ago)

Here are the the things that I have tried while troubleshooting my main PC through borrowed components of my backup PC.

- Reseated cables
- Cleared CMOS
- Pulled RAM tried different slots with both
- Red VGA LED is lit and MoBo LEDs too, VGA goes away after few mins
--- I’ve seen BIOS problems and needed firmware upgrades on new systems that cannot boot…?
- Swapped OS drive on both machines (both systems would not boot with the others OS drive UEFI / MBR related?)
--- Tried the “Test if your SSD is dead” by doing 30min running SSD turn off few mins and restart for 30min
- Swapped PSU from other machine which is 2 months old
- Swapped in a 970 gtx from other machine
--- Current 1080 installed on old machine won’t boot but shows BIOS
--- LEDs are lit and fans spin with 1080 and 970 on both machines

Here are the components for both machines:

Ryzen 1700 w/ LEPA AquaChanger 240mm
GIGABYTE GA-AB350
CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 16GB (2666)
EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 SC2
Samsung 850 EVO 250gb SSD
XFX Black Edition 750 Watt Power Supply
——
Intel 2500k w/ Corsair H AIO
EVGA 970 GTX
Asus P8Z68-V Pro
G.Skill RipJaws 32Gb
EVGA 600 B 80+ Bronze

Apr 9, 2018
From what u said 3 things could be 1 and most likely I think is u motherboard 2 it may be u ram so try to start u PC with 1 stick of ram and3 could be the psu but I think is u motherboard try to change that is cheap one about 60 to 70 pounds in Amazon hope this helps you