Question Ryzen 2600x un overclock(solved)

Mar 1, 2019
Recently built my first pc in over 12 years. And tried overclocking for the first time. After the results I think the auto booster will enough for me, maybe even close. But I'm having trouble turning back to auto. I tried loading optimization settings in bios(Asus Rog Strix b-450) and even tried switching Ryzen Master to auto. Everytime I switch Ryzen Master, it says I need to restart, only for it to still be on Manual after the restart. Thanks in advance for any help/tips.

Mar 1, 2019
Loading optimized defaults in the BIOS should fix it.... How are you determining that you're still OC'd?

When I do that it lowers my clock to the base 3.6ghz but when I open Ryzen Master, it still says the current profile is on Manual. I'm fairly new to OC but have been doing alot of reading. After loading defaults shouldn't Ryzen Master be set on auto?

The thing that concerns me is before hand when it was on auto, it would jump around from the base(3.6) up to the 4.2 by itself. This is basically what I want it to do. But for some reason I feel like it's stuck on Manual.

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
Ah, ok. I think I know what's going on here.

Got to "profile 1" at the bottom of Ryzen Master. Then select "reset profile" at the bottom, then "save profile" and then select "apply" at the top.

Sounds like you're defaulting to a modified profile that is set to manual mode. You should be able to reset that profile and apply it without being forced to reboot.
If necessary, apply the same changes to "profile 2"

Mar 1, 2019
Ah, ok. I think I know what's going on here.

Got to "profile 1" at the bottom of Ryzen Master. Then select "reset profile" at the bottom, then "save profile" and then select "apply" at the top.

Sounds like you're defaulting to a modified profile that is set to manual mode. You should be able to reset that profile and apply it without being forced to reboot.
If necessary, apply the same changes to "profile 2"
I was really hopeful to try that when I got home from work but sadly it still did the same thing.

Mar 1, 2019
So after the reset profile failed to work. I decided to try something a little different. I cleared the bios the old fashion way with the jumper. That actually worked. Thanks for trying to help.