RYZEN 2700X cant find compatible RAM

iamacow

Admirable
Look up Asrock Fatal1ty x470 QVL list to find known compatible ram. Even without the QVL list anything that is Samsung B-Die will work and is required for 3200 speeds or it won't work. I don't know what those viper sticks are.

Edit: I take it back, looks like ASrock doesn't care enough to make a QVL list lol. Figures.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
Thankfully, almost any DDR4 RAM now works fine with Ryzen. AGESA BIOS updates over time have made things copacetic again. You can pick and choose as you like. Now... that's not to say some RAM might be more stable if you OC it than others. But that is another topic.

Doctor Rob

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2008
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?item=N82E16820225116

it should work just fine with that CPU and motherboard. though the 4133 ram is on sale on newegg.. you can then run closer to the 3200 speed with better timings (normally) if that is what you want. all the led lights and such.. 1 review with a similar setup it works for them at 3333Mhz..

I have a set of NON RGB ram on my Ryzen platform (the asrock X470 one as well though the step up from your one) running at 3400Mhz with g.skill Flare x 3200 ram...

Most of the time at lest in my history just about no ram is on their list for compatible ram.. in real world the big thing is to check the manufacture specs on the ram.. for like g.skill they have AMD / Intel kits / and combined ones.. they test it out and a lot of times an AMD kit will work better (get to the rated speed) on an AMD system.. and not on the Intel.. and visa versa.. but kits that are for both a lot of times may say X speed but you get a little slower.. It all depends on the pricing.. etc..

I WOULD though Highly recomed that if you are looking for some GOOD ram for the Ryzen 2700x.. go with this one https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820232752&ignorebbr=1 MORE ram and not much more in cost.. then the kit you had listed.. I wish this was on sale when I put 16 GB of ram in my system.. If I could have spent just a few more to get this I would have as 32 is better then 16 :)

R_1

Expert
Ambassador
manufacturers do not have access to every make and model RAM, so they test with what they have on hand in order to ensure broad compatibility.
any RAM released after the motherboard was released, cannot be on the list. patriot modules are tested to work, get ram with the same specs as the tested units. they should work

Keep in mind the QVL list is only RAM that Asrock has tested, so it's not the only RAM that'll work. Going off the QVL is handy for trouble shooting, as Asrock can't try and claim incompatible memory (been there, done that, it's a pain), however it's not the only option you have. I'd look at this posting on Samsung/hynix based RAM and see if any of the models people have had luck with look good to you.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/62vp2g/clearing_up_any_samsung_bdie_confusion_eg_on/

And of course if you just really have your heart set on the PatriotViper LED set, you could just roll the dice on it and see. The new Ryzen lineup is supposed to be less picky about it's RAM. But I'd make sure to buy from a place with a good return policy.

Falconex

Honorable
Apr 5, 2013

What ram sticks would you recommend?
I live in Mexico so my US selection is limited, newegg ships it to me without any hassle and my budget is around 170 dollars tops.
Keep in mind is for a ryzsen 2700x

delaro

Judicious
Ambassador
Generally Samsung B Die CL14 and CL15 will work with any Ryzen board. CL 16 can be problematic with boot issues and overclocking. Avoid gong below 3000mhz for the best performance. G.Skill Flare 3200 mhz has been one of the best for working on anything and on my 2600X + Tachi X370 took a 3600mhz overclock without any issues.

As far as QVL list go those are from when the board launched, it's pretty rare they actually make changes for later Aegis updates that tend to break things.