Ryzen 3 1300x overclock

Aug 19, 2018
I have a ryzen 3 1300x and i have it overclocked to 3.8ghz at 1.3v on stock cooling. I would like to know at what voltage i should have it to get the overclock to 3.9 or maybe even 4.0ghz?

Solution
What is your motherboard? It's very had to give a simple answer as almost every motherboard voltage is a bit different, but something around 1.4 volts is 'typical' for 3.9-4.0Gig.

One suggestion is to leave CPU Core voltage setting on AUTO and set multiplier to 39 (for 3.9Ghz) then boot up and see what voltage it sets it at. That will give you a start point. It may even be enough to provide a stable overclock and it works perfectly on my 1700 on a B350 Mortar for an overclock at 3.925Gig.

If it boots smoothly into Windows try a stress test to see if it holds. If it does, then set that voltage manually and boot/test again to confirm. Then start reducing it bit by bit til it's the lowest where it is stable. The only time I'd be...
What is your motherboard? It's very had to give a simple answer as almost every motherboard voltage is a bit different, but something around 1.4 volts is 'typical' for 3.9-4.0Gig.

One suggestion is to leave CPU Core voltage setting on AUTO and set multiplier to 39 (for 3.9Ghz) then boot up and see what voltage it sets it at. That will give you a start point. It may even be enough to provide a stable overclock and it works perfectly on my 1700 on a B350 Mortar for an overclock at 3.925Gig.

If it boots smoothly into Windows try a stress test to see if it holds. If it does, then set that voltage manually and boot/test again to confirm. Then start reducing it bit by bit til it's the lowest where it is stable. The only time I'd be worried is if it sets up at a steady voltage over 1.45, then I'd try to reduce it as soon as possible.

I like to keep my voltage on AUTO if I can because it will drop voltage back when it's idle.

Solution