[SOLVED] Ryzen 3 3200G voltage

A$AP V

Commendable
Mar 29, 2021
Without any overclock during Cinebench R23 test CPU goes up to 3.8 Ghz and 1.4 voltage, average temp is 64 C. Is 1.4 voltage normal ?
I have seen some dude overclocked to 4.0 Ghz with 1.35 voltage and he has not had any problem while my PC crushes when I try it (he has same cooler as me, Wraith Stealth).

CPU: Ryzen 3 3200G
GPU: integrated Vega 8
PSU: Deepcool DE500 350W
Motherboard: Gigabyte B450m S2H

Solution
Every CPU and motherboard vary slightly where it comes to performance, within a certain threshold. Often referred to as "The Silicone Lottery".
Aside from that aspect every mobo maker has a slightly different way of handling power delivery, boost clocks, things such as that so you are apt to see wildly different numbers when using auto settings.

OC can be a very involved process from "quick and dirty" method of just raising all core speed until a crash and then throwing voltage at it until it becomes stable, within certain parameters...all the way to settings that I have very little understanding of being changed in order TO modify those mobo manufacturers method.

On the stock cooler and on the PSU you are using I would not try to...

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
Every CPU and motherboard vary slightly where it comes to performance, within a certain threshold. Often referred to as "The Silicone Lottery".
Aside from that aspect every mobo maker has a slightly different way of handling power delivery, boost clocks, things such as that so you are apt to see wildly different numbers when using auto settings.

OC can be a very involved process from "quick and dirty" method of just raising all core speed until a crash and then throwing voltage at it until it becomes stable, within certain parameters...all the way to settings that I have very little understanding of being changed in order TO modify those mobo manufacturers method.

On the stock cooler and on the PSU you are using I would not try to concentrate on OC. I have no idea (either) how the power delivery on your motherboard is. I have come to find that (particularly) since 2xxx Ryzen the built in methods for determining a good boost clock based on power and heat is really good.

Reactions: A$AP V
Solution

yeetbucket

Proper
Jan 14, 2021
The real question is that why are you trying to overclock a cpu not specifically made for overclocking? The 3200g is meant for entry level gaming/just web browsing, and is not really made to oc.

A$AP V

Commendable
Mar 29, 2021
The real question is that why are you trying to overclock a cpu not specifically made for overclocking? The 3200g is meant for entry level gaming/just web browsing, and is not really made to oc.
question was about if 1.4 voltage is normal without any overclock under stress.

TRENDING THREADS