[SOLVED] Ryzen 3 3200G voltage

A$AP V

Commendable
Mar 29, 2021
Without any overclock during Cinebench R23 test CPU goes up to 3.8 Ghz and 1.4 voltage, average temp is 64 C. Is 1.4 voltage normal ?
I have seen some dude overclocked to 4.0 Ghz with 1.35 voltage and he has not had any problem while my PC crushes when I try it (he has same cooler as me, Wraith Stealth).

CPU: Ryzen 3 3200G
GPU: integrated Vega 8
PSU: Deepcool DE500 350W
Motherboard: Gigabyte B450m S2H

Solution
Every CPU and motherboard vary slightly where it comes to performance, within a certain threshold. Often referred to as "The Silicone Lottery".
Aside from that aspect every mobo maker has a slightly different way of handling power delivery, boost clocks, things such as that so you are apt to see wildly different numbers when using auto settings.

OC can be a very involved process from "quick and dirty" method of just raising all core speed until a crash and then throwing voltage at it until it becomes stable, within certain parameters...all the way to settings that I have very little understanding of being changed in order TO modify those mobo manufacturers method.

On the stock cooler and on the PSU you are using I would not try to...

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
Every CPU and motherboard vary slightly where it comes to performance, within a certain threshold. Often referred to as "The Silicone Lottery".
Aside from that aspect every mobo maker has a slightly different way of handling power delivery, boost clocks, things such as that so you are apt to see wildly different numbers when using auto settings.

OC can be a very involved process from "quick and dirty" method of just raising all core speed until a crash and then throwing voltage at it until it becomes stable, within certain parameters...all the way to settings that I have very little understanding of being changed in order TO modify those mobo manufacturers method.

On the stock cooler and on the PSU you are using I would not try to concentrate on OC. I have no idea (either) how the power delivery on your motherboard is. I have come to find that (particularly) since 2xxx Ryzen the built in methods for determining a good boost clock based on power and heat is really good.

Reactions: A$AP V
Solution

A$AP V

Commendable
Mar 29, 2021
The real question is that why are you trying to overclock a cpu not specifically made for overclocking? The 3200g is meant for entry level gaming/just web browsing, and is not really made to oc.
question was about if 1.4 voltage is normal without any overclock under stress.

yeetbucket

Proper
Jan 14, 2021
The real question is that why are you trying to overclock a cpu not specifically made for overclocking? The 3200g is meant for entry level gaming/just web browsing, and is not really made to oc.