[SOLVED] Ryzen 3600 High temperature!

Aug 10, 2019
Hello there..
I just built a new PC and the ryzen temperatures are high on idle(45-50) and reach 90 C on even setting up a game.. This is using ryzen master to monitor the temperature and also HWMonitor.. What should I do

n.b. the bios tells me that the temperatures are 20-30 C less than what other applications say.

My build:
Ryzen 3600 with stock cooler
MSI B450 Pro carbon AC
Kingstone 16gb 3200mhz
Seasonic bronze 620W

Solution
If running PBO and AutoOC you're factory overclocking the chip so you have to expect it to run hot...there's an argument being made on Gamers Nexus that PBO and AutoOC don't deliver any real benefit on the stock air cooled 3600 to even bother running them. GN results were better with both PBO and AOC turned off and just letting Precision Boost (which is different than PBO and can't be turned off) handle pushing clock speed...which had the added benefit of the chip not running as hot and the motherboard VRM not getting hammered for minimal gain if any.

Here's the GN piece about PB, PBO, and AutoOC on Ryzen 3000 series.

https://www.gamersnexus.net/guides/3491-explaining-precision-boost-overdrive-benchmarks-auto-oc
Aug 9, 2019
Do You have newest HWinfo, RyzenMaster? It's known as observer effect. New RyzenMaster and 1.07.29. chipset driver will fix that, and idle voltages, clocks will drop more often.

Aug 10, 2019
Do You have newest HWinfo, RyzenMaster? It's known as observer effect. New RyzenMaster and 1.07.29. chipset driver will fix that, and idle voltages, clocks will drop more often.
Thanks for the reply.. I did install the latest ryzen master and amd chipset driver yesterday and no difference. I also installed the HWmonitor from their website so it's the latest version too.
I monitor the PC with only ryzen master due to the observer effect as you mentioned.. So I am confused now.

Aug 9, 2019
For me it worked, earlier had a Hwinfo voltage of 1.45 etc, now it drops to 0.9 or lower. Temps I'm having are 35-45 using 3700x with Dark Rock 3 idling. Temps in games 50-70. Usually ~60C. So ur temps aren't really sth to be concerned about, but switching to beefier cooler would help drop the temps and volume;)

Temps are side effect of tiny die. Its so small, it can't dump heat efficient to a cooler. Anyway AMD asures it behaves like in labs, and is safe to use.

Reactions: AmigoSamro
If running PBO and AutoOC you're factory overclocking the chip so you have to expect it to run hot...there's an argument being made on Gamers Nexus that PBO and AutoOC don't deliver any real benefit on the stock air cooled 3600 to even bother running them. GN results were better with both PBO and AOC turned off and just letting Precision Boost (which is different than PBO and can't be turned off) handle pushing clock speed...which had the added benefit of the chip not running as hot and the motherboard VRM not getting hammered for minimal gain if any.

Here's the GN piece about PB, PBO, and AutoOC on Ryzen 3000 series.

https://www.gamersnexus.net/guides/3491-explaining-precision-boost-overdrive-benchmarks-auto-oc

Last edited:
Solution