[SOLVED] Ryzen 3600x Temp jumps and Voltage issues

Burnsy69

Honorable
May 4, 2017
Hello so as the title say I'm having voltage issues- Normally my 3600X voltages jump from 1.3-1.45 even without on full load for instance now I am simply installing a game through Xbox PC for the voltage to hit 1.432v which seems on the high side? This also seems to cause random temp jumps in 10C or so intervals which quite quickly go back down to normal. I have an x470 gaming plus max (H.50 bios) with the CPU running all auto PBO which boosts 4.2-4.325 respectively running off an NZXT Kraken x53 that keeps it under 60C load C23 20-30mins and 30-40 Idle.

To sum my questions up I am wondering a few things-

Which power plan is the best for Ryzen after installing chipset driver?

Should I turn PBO off and set everything manually?

Should I also update my bios to the latest AMD 1.2.0.0 bios and will it work with my 3600X?

Are those voltages safe, or have you got similar problems?

If you want any more details feel free to ask I will happily provide!

Thanks!

Solution
This is normal. If there's not a lot of stuff to do, it get s scheduled on one or two cores to handle it. This triggers the maximum turbo boost which causes the voltage bump, which from what I've seen can go up to 1.45V. Ryzen also reports temperature as the hottest part in the CPU, which happens to be the turbo boosted core.

If you really don't want this for some reason, you can either lock the frequencies or use Windows' Power Saver plan (this basically causes the CPU to drop to around 2.2-2.5GHz)
This is normal. If there's not a lot of stuff to do, it get s scheduled on one or two cores to handle it. This triggers the maximum turbo boost which causes the voltage bump, which from what I've seen can go up to 1.45V. Ryzen also reports temperature as the hottest part in the CPU, which happens to be the turbo boosted core.

If you really don't want this for some reason, you can either lock the frequencies or use Windows' Power Saver plan (this basically causes the CPU to drop to around 2.2-2.5GHz)

Reactions: Burnsy69
Solution

Burnsy69

Honorable
May 4, 2017

Hello,

Thanks for response! I was thinking to manually lock it to see how it goes, what voltage would you suggest in the bios for a 4.3 clock to start with?

Cheers

Edit: Just tried 4.3mhz at 1.35V, which is loaded into windows then restarted straight away.

Last edited: