Jan 3, 2020
CPU: Ryzen 5 1600x
Motherboard: b450 f gaming
Cooling: nzxt m22
P/S: EVGA 750bq
GPU: gtx 980

When computer first fires up temps are already in the high 60's low 70s.
After about 3 minutes of use they jump to 75 and stick. NO fluctuation after 75.
Prime95 stress test doesn't have an effect. Idle and under stress both at 75.
Bios reports same temperature.

HWMonitor CPU Temp is stuck at 75, CPU Socket temp at 32, Chipset temp 42: all stuck

I monitor on HWMonitor, CAM, Ryzen Master, and Core temp.

Recent troubleshooting:
I have removed all components, full clean out of case, Cleaned and re-applied thermal paste.
Followed NZXT's forums advice for checking air bubbles in m22. Swapped Radiator location to both recommended spots.
New BIOS update.

Sometimes(rarely) i will get a popup of 81 degrees warning then temp will go back to 75 and stay.

CPU: Ryzen 5 1600x
Motherboard: b450 f gaming
Cooling: nzxt m22
P/S: EVGA 750bq
GPU: gtx 980

When computer first fires up temps are already in the high 60's low 70s.
After about 3 minutes of use they jump to 75 and stick. NO fluctuation after 75.
Prime95 stress test doesn't have an effect. Idle and under stress both at 75.
Bios reports same temperature.

HWMonitor CPU Temp is stuck at 75, CPU Socket temp at 32, Chipset temp 42: all stuck

I monitor on HWMonitor, CAM, Ryzen Master, and Core temp.

Recent troubleshooting:
I have removed all components, full clean out of case, Cleaned and re-applied thermal paste.
Followed NZXT's forums advice for checking air bubbles in m22. Swapped Radiator location to both recommended spots.
New BIOS update.

Sometimes(rarely) i will get a popup of 81 degrees warning then temp will go back to 75 and stay.
Manually set your Vcore in bios some motherboards give high Vcore on Auto.

Make sure your pump is at max and that its working.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
That's fine for pump speeds, won't make any difference.

Ryzens should be on Balanced power plan at all times. Intels lower Hz and voltage across all cores at idle, only bumping up on a per core basis. But all cores remain active. AMD shuts down cores at idle, only leaving 1-2 active. If you use performance plan, it doesn't allow the cores to shut down effectively, leaving idle speeds and temps at a false load situation, which keeps all core temps very high for no reason. Even adding a load doesn't do much since it's just playing catch up until the load exceeds the plan settings.

So what I'm seeing is something keeping the cpu in a heightened state. Not sure if that's something in bios, malware, something. Check task manager and see if there's anything using high % of cpu.

Jan 3, 2020
CPU usage hovers 4-8% at idle. memory 18%. only programs really using anything are browser and HWMonitor. I did notice my Memory only being at 2133 (bios)even though it is 3000mhz.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Is your bios up to date? Are you absolutely positive the cooler is mounted correctly, used the right standoffs, thumb screws fully tight, no wiggle on the cooler etc, because what you describe, with that monster cooler, shouldn't be happening. You are getting idle temps at eco settings that equal load temps from OC Ryzens with lesser coolers.

The stock cooler very rarely (if ever) gets those kinds of temps on Balanced plan with full 3200MHz xmp. It's seriously almost like the temp needs to first go through the safety plastic before hitting the cooler base.