Jun 9, 2019
Hello all,

I just finished my new Ryzen 5 2400g build and everything was going fine until I started trying to dedicate some extra DRAM into VRAM (I already had 1GB and the game was running fine but I thought adding some wouldn't do any harm). To do this I added a few things into the registry and, when it didn't work deleted the things I had created. I then went onto Rainbow Six Siege to find I was getting 15 fps average and when I checked the settings I found that I literally had 0 GB of VRAM.

All my setting to do with VRAM are set to auto and I have deleted all my changes that I made to the registry but I still have no VRAM.

Any sort of help would be much appreciated.

Jun 9, 2019
Messing in the registry will often lead to your current scenario...

Grab your installation media...

Try a repair install....

Reapply 2400G related AMD drivers..
Hi there,

Thanks for the quick reply, I will try that now and update you on whether it works

Update: Reinstalling Windows didn't work, when I look in device manager and then press on Display Adaptors the only one that comes up is the Microsoft Basic Display Adapter. I think the problem is that I need to download my processor's adapter but I have no idea how to do that

Last edited:

bmacsys

Honorable
BANNED
Hi there,

Thanks for the quick reply, I will try that now and update you on whether it works

Update: Reinstalling Windows didn't work, when I look in device manager and then press on Display Adaptors the only one that comes up is the Microsoft Basic Display Adapter. I think the problem is that I need to download my processor's adapter but I have no idea how to do that

You need to go to AMD's web site and download the Radeon software for the R5 2400G. You also have to go into the bios and under "Integrated Peripherals" select a 2 or 3 Gigabyte Frame Buffer for the IGP