[SOLVED] Ryzen 5 3600 running around 80c under stress

drizzyb

Prominent
Apr 18, 2019
Hello, I've just build a new pc recently and decided to check my temperatures. I was surprised how high it went and that it bounces up and down quite a lot. My temperature while idle go from 40-55 degrees and while gaming (R6 Siege on max) they go from 75-85 or even higher (Assassin's Creed Origins). I tried instaling latest chip drivers and BIOS drivers, I've also reapplied thermal paste and made sure stock cooler is mounted correctly. My room temperature is like 20-21 degrees, I tried opening the windows and case for better air flow with no differance.

CPU: ryzen 5 3600

GPU: gigabyte geforce gtx 1660 super

MBO: msi b450 gaming plus max

RAM: corsair 16gb ddr4 pc3000 cl16

PSU: be quiet! pure power 11 600W 80+ gold

Originally I wanted to use my old cooler master 212 for the setup but I don't have the am4 bracket so I had to go with the stock am4 cpu cooler. I do plan to get an aftermarket cooler but for the time being i'm stuck with the stock.

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
Hello, I've just build a new pc recently and decided to check my temperatures. I was surprised how high it went and that it bounces up and down quite a lot. My temperature while idle go from 40-55 degrees and while gaming (R6 Siege on max) they go from 75-85 or even higher (Assassin's Creed Origins). I tried instaling latest chip drivers and BIOS drivers, I've also reapplied thermal paste and made sure stock cooler is mounted correctly. My room temperature is like 20-21 degrees, I tried opening the windows and case for better air flow with no differance.

CPU: ryzen 5 3600

GPU: gigabyte geforce gtx 1660 super

MBO: msi b450 gaming plus max

RAM: corsair 16gb ddr4 pc3000 cl16

PSU: be quiet! pure power 11 600W 80+ gold

Originally I wanted to use my old cooler master 212 for the setup but I don't have the am4 bracket so I had to go with the stock am4 cpu cooler. I do plan to get an aftermarket cooler but for the time being i'm stuck with the stock.
If you do a search you will see tons of post on the processors running hot. You can gimp the performance or buy a aftermarket cooler.

Reactions: kurdtnz