Question ryzen 5 3600x causing constant bsods

Jan 1, 2022
im trying to upgrade my cpu from ryzen 3 2200g to a ryzen 5 3600x. i have a b450m gaming plus mother board and i updated the bios. when i put in the 3600x it bsods about 3 times and then i can get into my pc, but only for about a minute before it bsods again, and its in a constant cycle of bsod. i opened the crash dump in windebug and it says ntkrnlmp.exe is the cause. idk if i should reinstall windows or what. im using the old cpu now it works fine.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
I'll take that as a "no". Try this:

Disconnect all power sources (power cable, video connection, and powered speakers)
Press the power button to discharge any residual power in the system (seriously)
Remove the motherboard battery and wait 1 minute before placing back in the holder
Re-connect previously disconnected power sources
Power on (BIOS should be in default state at this point)

Or look in your motherboard manual.

Jan 1, 2022
I'll take that as a "no". Try this:

Disconnect all power sources (power cable, video connection, and powered speakers)
Press the power button to discharge any residual power in the system (seriously)
Remove the motherboard battery and wait 1 minute before placing back in the holder
Re-connect previously disconnected power sources
Power on (BIOS should be in default state at this point)

Or look in your motherboard manual.
i know how to reset it but if bios is in default state it wont be compatible with the new cpu right?

Jan 1, 2022
What are the complete specs for this rig (make/model of all components)? Details matter.
ryzen 3 2200g
rx 570
cx450m
corsair vengeance lpx 16gb
kingston a400 480gb ssd
2 tb hard drive (its not on my amazon list and i forgot the name)
b450m gaming plus
cooler master masterbox q300l micro-atx tower

Jan 1, 2022
Are you on latest BIOS for motherboard?
so before i tried the 3600x i actually tried a 5600x with the newest bios, but the newest bios was labeled as beta. the 5600x worked for one night and then the next day a bunch of bsods and then the pc wouldn't post. i fixed that just by resetting the bios and putting the old cpu back. i returned the 5600x because i read that gen 4 cpus weren't compatible with my mobo and got the 3600x. so right now im using the second newest bios because the newest one had issues.

Jan 1, 2022
if you have enabled DOCP or XMP, try to disable it
ram issues may happen when switching cpu from zen1/zen1+ to zen2/zen3 as mem controller is different
tried again today but no luck. but some things to note is that when the new one is in, the mouse in the bios screen is really laggy, and when i get into windows the cpu fan runs really fast. also i was wondering if reinstalling windows would work.