[SOLVED] Ryzen 5 3600x OR 7 3700x ?

May 6, 2021
This is my first pc . Gaming is not my number one priority though I play a lot of Valorant . My main purposes are Coding , Web developing , web browsing. Currently I am learning some machine learning Stuffs. Might learn Deep learning, Artificial Intelligence stuffs in future . I have already a GPU ( 1650 Super ) .
Should I build with 3700x ? Or go with 3600x,save some money which I can invest in other parts ?
A friend of my mine also suggesting me to go with Intel 11th Gen Core i5-11600K Rocket Lake Processor , should I listen to him?

Solution
The main difference between the two processors is how many threads. 12 vs. 16.
Unless you have an app that can keep more than 12 threads fully occupied, pay more attention to the single thread performance.
Valorant, for example seems to depend very much on single thread performance.
Fast single thread performance, along with a ssd is what makes a pc quick on ordinary work.
Modern intel 11th gen and ryzen have improved architectures that give some 19% boost in performance per clock.
ryzen 5600X with 12 threads would be very good, but they are hard to buy reasonably. Perhaps $380.
A much more reasonable processor might be the 12 thread Intel i5-11400F at around $210.
Here is a review...
When the hivemind sees "coding / machine learning" you're going to get recommended higher core count CPUs. But you need to make sure you usage model is/can actually take advantage of >12 threads (and how much advantage it will actually provide).

May 6, 2021
When the hivemind sees "coding / machine learning" you're going to get recommended higher core count CPUs. But you need to make sure you usage model is/can actually take advantage of >12 threads (and how much advantage it will actually provide).
Thanks for your reply
As I mentioned above I might learn deep learning / AI in future , So I really don't have any idea what model I will be using

The main difference between the two processors is how many threads. 12 vs. 16.
Unless you have an app that can keep more than 12 threads fully occupied, pay more attention to the single thread performance.
Valorant, for example seems to depend very much on single thread performance.
Fast single thread performance, along with a ssd is what makes a pc quick on ordinary work.
Modern intel 11th gen and ryzen have improved architectures that give some 19% boost in performance per clock.
ryzen 5600X with 12 threads would be very good, but they are hard to buy reasonably. Perhaps $380.
A much more reasonable processor might be the 12 thread Intel i5-11400F at around $210.
Here is a review:

Reactions: tennis2
Solution