Question Ryzen 5 5600x Overheating on startup

Sep 27, 2022
Hi,

I'm having some issues with a PC I built about a year ago. A few days ago the pc started getting loud and games would be impossible to run. For example, Valorant would run 300+ frames on max graphics settings, now it has bad stutters and sub 100 frames on lowest settings. My PC while browsing the internet using Opera goes to 95 degrees Celsius. Cpu Usage is at 4-6% while idle and memory is 31%

I've tried cleaning out the dust from the pc, reapplying thermal paste, readjusting my cooler, reinstalling graphics drivers, resetting pc (with files kept). What I can do to confirm what the issue is? Any help is appreciated. TY

PC Specs are:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X
GPU: NVIDIA Geforce 3060
Motherboard: Asus Prime H310M-E R2.0
2 8gb Corsair RAM
Cooler I'm using is Coreliquid 240R
Screenshots of Master Ryzen, HwMonitor CPU and Motherboard

Sep 27, 2022
Hi Colif,

Any recommendations on which software to use to monitor liquid temps?
I'm gonna have to replace the cooler aren't I...
Any recommendations for a cooler as well haha. Thanks

Sep 27, 2022
I'm assuming the cpu is fine due to the low cpu usage and voltage? Though the lifespan of the cpu may have been lowered slightly due to the high temps that its gone through.

Also should not be a PSU or motherboard issue?

Last edited:

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Cooler I'm using is Coreliquid 240R
Tons of threads out there on these - basically, they're defective.

If you're in the US, try reaching out to Greg Salazar. He may be able to help you further: Email him (INCLUDE YOUR Coreliquid S/N): help@salazarstudios.org
If not in the US, well you're stuck with buying a new cooler.
Msi clearly tried to under-play the whole thing, as the issue affects their entire MAG and MPG lines. MEG is not affected.

If you have a backup cooler, I suggest switching to that in the meantime.

Sep 27, 2022
Just replaced the cooler with one that came with the ryzen 5 5600x (Wraith Stealth). Temperatures reach 90 on startup and fluctuates between 70-90 degrees c so I'm gonna send it to a technician. Thanks for trying to help bros.

TRENDING THREADS