Jan 17, 2021
Help!!
I have an ASROCK b450m gaming motherboard with 16gb Corsair Vengance pro rbg ddr4, Radeon RX 6800XT and a 750w psu. I originally had a Ryzen 5 3600 and just upgraded to the R5 5600x. After correctly installing, I turned pc on, and all it does is it keeps going through a cycle (turning on, fans run, GPU lights up and run, cpu fan runs, and Ram lights up. But after about 15-20 sec, it shuts off them does the same thing... I have (I believe), current 1.50 version of bios. This was a Cyberpower pre build.

Jan 17, 2021
Have you updated the bios before putting in the 5600X?
That’s the thing, apparently there’s a lot of people with the ASROCK b450m gaming mobo having issues with finding bios update. I have the 1.50 version, but pc still don’t turn on. Every time I try to flash the newest version, it always say (No file detected)

wyliec2

Splendid
Apr 4, 2014
That’s the thing, apparently there’s a lot of people with the ASROCK b450m gaming mobo having issues with finding bios update. I have the 1.50 version, but pc still don’t turn on. Every time I try to flash the newest version, it always say (No file detected)

Here are a few quotes from the CyberPowerPC forum regarding B450M Gaming:

"A bit off topic, but I've ran google searches with every technical search term available to me, and I haven't found any information on this mobo besides this forum post. I noticed that you mentioned it could be a custom build with a B450M/AC backplane. Do you have any information on the specs of this Mobo? Trying to add some memory, but I don't know the max mem/speed is. "

"Because the B450M Gaming appears to be a custom/OEM specific board from ASRock, I had found the BIOS in the "CyberPowerPC Branded" stuff here://www.cyberpowerinc.com/drivers/?dir=Motherboards/BIOS/Asrock and then reflashed the BIOS (still P1.50) but nothing changed for the RGB settings. "

"I have been trying to update my bios with this board and i can't find the model anywhere! help " Wondered if this is the OP's post...????

Have you checked at Cyberpower or contacted them??

Reactions: kurdtnz

shafted

Honorable
Dec 13, 2017
Did you try putting the old processor back in and going into the bios and using instant flash?? Most asrock boards have that....and sometimes a bios update is needed before installing a newer processor... Especially ryzens. MB bios has to be update for most bios when going from a 2nd gen to 3rd gen....

Jan 17, 2021
Did you try putting the old processor back in and going into the bios and using instant flash?? Most asrock boards have that....and sometimes a bios update is needed before installing a newer processor... Especially ryzens. MB bios has to be update for most bios when going from a 2nd gen to 3rd gen....
Yeah done tried all of that. After reasearching for awhile, there is not a recent enough Bios available for the ASROCK b450 gaming ac motherboard. It’s basically Cyberpower generic version for their lower end pc pre builds.