Mar 24, 2020
Hello everyone.

I get super low fps i most games. Cpu and gpu usage is normal and the temp is normal on both but I get under 100 fps in csgo on low settings even lower on higher. Same with overwatch, apex so on... I have tried alot but nothing has helped.

Anyone that has anything I can try please tell me.

Last edited:
For that CPU that is about right. 1st generation Ryzens are fairly weak in single core performance, which basically translates into CPU insensitive games like the ones you listed are going to be lower in FPS.

If you want high frame-rate I would look at upgrading to a Ryzen 3600 or 3700. Just be sure to update your BIOS with your current 1800 still installed.

Mar 24, 2020
For that CPU that is about right. 1st generation Ryzens are fairly weak in single core performance, which basically translates into CPU insensitive games like the ones you listed are going to be lower in FPS.

If you want high frame-rate I would look at upgrading to a Ryzen 3600 or 3700. Just be sure to update your BIOS with your current 1800 still installed.
Thanks for the reply but it should not be this bad. These games was fine when i used my Ryzen 5 1600 but after i switched it slowly gone to <Mod Edit>. I had around 300 fps with a worse setup. I wounder if I should just buy an i7 or an i5 and just hope this goes away. I cant even play now im down to 60-90 fps with all low settings and 75% res scale and in fights it drops to 50. In overwatch that is.

Cpu usage is only 20% same with the gpu.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the reply but it should not be this bad. These games was fine when i used my Ryzen 5 1600 but after i switched it slowly gone to <Mod Edit>. I had around 300 fps with a worse setup. I wounder if I should just buy an i7 or an i5 and just hope this goes away. I cant even play now im down to 60-90 fps with all low settings and 75% res scale and in fights it drops to 50. In overwatch that is.

Cpu usage is only 20% same with the gpu.

What motherboard do you have?

Mar 24, 2020
What are your CPU temps exactly and what program are you using to read them?

Also what PSU are you using?

I would also suggest updating your BIOS. If you are still using a launch BIOS there have been sever improvements to performance and stability since.
Im using HWmonitor and ive played today for like 1 hour on overwatch went to 720p to see if it would help but it didnt. Cpu was highest 59c and gpu ws 55c and non of them had over 50% usage. Bios is up to date. PSU is an corsair rm750x.
The fps has gone down even more its at 60 fps and its really unstable. Im thinking of just ordering and i7 and hope its the cpu thats <Mod Edit>.

Im using HWmonitor and ive played today for like 1 hour on overwatch went to 720p to see if it would help but it didnt. Cpu was highest 59c and gpu ws 55c and non of them had over 50% usage. Bios is up to date. PSU is an corsair rm750x.
The fps has gone down even more its at 60 fps and its really unstable. Im thinking of just ordering and i7 and hope its the cpu thats <Mod Edit>.

Youll need a new mobo. If it is indeed something wrong with the CPU as I said you might want to consider a Ryzen 3600 or 3700, they are comparable to intels.

I really dont know what's going on with your system. it could be a power issue and your mobo might not be up to the power delivery. Many lower end mobos do have this issue.. Can you swap back to your 1600 and see if the problem still happens?

Mar 24, 2020
Youll need a new mobo. If it is indeed something wrong with the CPU as I said you might want to consider a Ryzen 3600 or 3700, they are comparable to intels.

I really dont know what's going on with your system. it could be a power issue and your mobo might not be up to the power delivery. Many lower end mobos do have this issue.. Can you swap back to your 1600 and see if the problem still happens?
Yes I will try that and switch gpu aswell. Thanks for the help btw :).

Mar 24, 2020

I have overclocked my ram and cpu and it seems stable, have not crashed yet. But it only helped on some games quite abit.