[SOLVED] Ryzen 7 5000 series

Sep 12, 2021
Will a ryzen 7 5000 series processor is not only compatible but also won't be a bad pair on a b450 motherboard with no challenges etc ?

Solution
Will a ryzen 7 5000 series processor is not only compatible but also won't be a bad pair on a b450 motherboard with no challenges etc ?
Most B450 boards have had BIOS released to support Ryzen 5000 CPU's. It's not exactly safe to say there will absolutely be 'no challenges' though as you may need to update the BIOS for it to recognize one; it depends on when the board you buy was made. If it's an older made board you might need an older CPU to do the update, but there are some boards that have a BIOS flash-back button that allows updating even without a CPU installed.
Most B450 boards have had BIOS released to support Ryzen 5000 CPU's. It's not exactly safe to say there will absolutely be 'no challenges' though as you may need to update the BIOS for it to recognize one; it depends on when the board you buy was made. If it's an older made board you might need an older CPU to do the update, but there are some boards that have a BIOS flash-back button that allows updating even without a CPU installed.

Solution
D

Deleted member 1560910

I dont understand why AMD users cheap out on motherboards then cry later that something goes wrong

I dont understand why AMD users cheap out on motherboards then cry later that something goes wrong
I don't that's fair at all. I've seen at least as many complaints from users with very expensive motherboards when something doesn't go right.

In either case it usually comes down to misplaced expectations or user induced error.

D

Deleted member 1560910

Yup, reusing motherboard if it's still usable is less the hassle to replace the whole board and spend on another board, a good B450 is pretty much ok if you want to start from ryzen 1xxx series and upgrade it later.
no one said that. If you are buying today then why get a crappy mobo if buying a for example 5800x ? I wouldnt even buy anything right now anyways until ddr5 becomes available with alder lake. Its going to be next year

no one said that. If you are buying today then why get a crappy mobo if buying a for example 5800x ? ...

While I might tend to agree with that sentiment when it comes to B350, not so B450 motherboards which, on the whole, aren't by any measure 'crappy'. They're just as effective and performant as B550...or X570, within limits. There's no reason not to buy a B450 new to save a buck so long as you understand the need for BIOS updates. Which isn't something you can completely ignore when buying B550 for that matter.

Any B450 will run a 5600X or 5800X just fine, moving up to 5900 or 5950 might get chancy but that's true of B550 boards too. Buyers have to be picky about VRM capability for those low-end HEDT CPU's, but there ARE B450 boards perfectly capable of handling even those.

D

Deleted member 1560910

While I might tend to agree with that sentiment when it comes to B350, not so B450 motherboards which, on the whole, aren't by any measure 'crappy'. They're just as effective and performant as B550...or X570, within limits. There's no reason not to buy a B450 new to save a buck so long as you understand the need for BIOS updates. Which isn't something you can completely ignore when buying B550 for that matter.

Any B450 will run a 5600X or 5800X just fine, moving up to 5900 or 5950 might get chancy but that's true of B550 boards too. Buyers have to be picky about VRM capability for those low-end HEDT CPU's, but there ARE B450 boards perfectly capable of handling even those.
I wouldnt chance it

thanks @drea.drechsler , i was trying to say that B450 motherboards on todays revision is much better in the past, so yeah i mean if you have a good mobo why not use it? i mean as long we dont push the limit is should be fine right?