Question Ryzen 7 5800X3D has high temps with Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE Cooler ?

Solution
image.png

Here's mine.
As someone with an identical configuration, that is pretty normal. My CPU actually goes up to 90C still, but my clocks boost higher with the assassin 120 SE compared to my old Hyper 212 Black edition i used to run.

It sucks, but it is what it is. This is what we have to deal with due to the 3D-VCache. If you truly want anything close to 80C, you have to go with the best AIO liquid coolers on the market, like the 360mm Arctic coolers.

Jun 27, 2024
As someone with an identical configuration, that is pretty normal. My CPU actually goes up to 90C still, but my clocks boost higher with the assassin 120 SE compared to my old Hyper 212 Black edition i used to run.

It sucks, but it is what it is. This is what we have to deal with due to the 3D-VCache. If you truly want anything close to 80C, you have to go with the best AIO liquid coolers on the market, like the 360mm Arctic coolers.
Can you send me screenshot of single cinebench run with effective clocks and temps on hwinfo? And do you have any pbo set up?

TRENDING THREADS