TempTop

Reputable
Mar 9, 2020
I had an electrician over in the past week. He accidentally created a power surge that cooked a power strip and blew several bulbs. My PC was on during this as I thought he was done at the time. So now a couple days later every time I attempt to stream my PC blue-screens with a varying code each time (MEMORY_MANAGEMENT, PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA, PFN_LIST_CORRUPT, IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, etc.)

So I assumed it was an old driver confliction so I reset Windows 10 Pro, installed all new drivers. But still blue screening under load. I run Open Hardware Monitor and y-cruncher and put it under load to see if anything comes up, and surely under the SNT test it failed with "Exception Encounter: AlgorithmFailedException Error(s) encountered on logical core 5."

Edit: It only blue screens when I'm running OBS and an intensive game. I played Fallout 4 for about 8 hours last night fully maxed no problems, but with OBS it blue screens my entire system within 30 minutes or less. Unknown if other applications cause this issue.
Specs: Ryzen 5 7600X, Gigabyte B650M DS3H Micro ATX, TeamGroup T-Force Delta 32GB (2x16) DDR5-6000 CL38, Samsung EVO 970 500GB, Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 6800 XT.

Edit #2: Running tests on OCCT. CPU/RAM found hundreds of errors in only a few seconds. Linpack maybe 30 seconds in. GPU ran fine at 100% load for minutes on end with 0 errors. PSU ran fine holding 270W+ for a few minutes. I'm leaning towards motherboard is FUBAR.

What's your opinion?

Last edited:
I had an electrician over in the past week. He accidentally created a power surge that cooked a power strip and blew several bulbs. My PC was on during this as I thought he was done at the time. So now a couple days later every time I attempt to stream my PC blue-screens with a varying code each time (MEMORY_MANAGEMENT, PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA, PFN_LIST_CORRUPT, IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, etc.)

So I assumed it was an old driver confliction so I reset Windows 10 Pro, installed all new drivers. But still blue screening under load. I run Open Hardware Monitor and y-cruncher and put it under load to see if anything comes up, and surely under the SNT test it failed with "Exception Encounter: AlgorithmFailedException Error(s) encountered on logical core 5."

Edit: It only blue screens when I'm running OBS and an intensive game. I played Fallout 4 for about 8 hours last night fully maxed no problems, but with OBS it blue screens my entire system within 30 minutes or less. Unknown if other applications cause this issue.
Specs: Ryzen 5 7600X, Gigabyte B650M DS3H Micro ATX, TeamGroup T-Force Delta 32GB (2x16) DDR5-6000 CL38, Samsung EVO 970 500GB, Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 6800 XT.

Edit #2: Running tests on OCCT. CPU/RAM found hundreds of errors in only a few seconds. Linpack maybe 30 seconds in. GPU ran fine at 100% load for minutes on end with 0 errors. PSU ran fine holding 270W+ for a few minutes. I'm leaning towards motherboard is FUBAR.

What's your opinion?

possibly bad ram run mem test

https://www.memtest86.com/download.htm

Reactions: TempTop

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
If MoBo would be the issue, you wouldn't be able to boot to OS. Also, symptoms say that your CPU is damaged, namely one of the cores.

You can bench the CPU, e.g CinebenchR and look if bench works. If i recall correctly, you can select between single- and multi-core benches. Multi-core bench would fail (or take forever) if one of the cores is busted.

So, get a new CPU and present the bill to the electrician (or the company they work for), since after all, it was their fault and they are responsible for all and any damages they do.