[SOLVED] Ryzen 9 3900(non X) High voltage at stock

MeridianXV88

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2013
Hi,

So I just got a Ryzen 3900 (none X) with an Asus Tuf X570 plus motherboard and 3200mhz ram. This is my first ever AMD cpu so I'm not seasoned with how they work compared to Intel. I have noticed that out of the box the voltage varies between 1.0 - 1.45 volts when idle. I have been reading a whole lot of posts on the internet that all have varying statements. Some say that it's not safe and people have noticed degradation at 1.35v after 6 months. Some say that the voltage shouldn't go above 1.2v some say 1.4 is super dangerous and it should never use 1.4v. Others say that they have a stable OC at 1.3v. At this point I'm super confused. I have the latest bios version and I have also tried doing a negative voltage offset of -0.1 but it still goes to 1.4v.

I have also watched a jayztwocents vid where he says motherboard manufacturers are doing it and it's not safe however he doesn't give a definitive solution.

During a cinebench test at full load the voltage does dip to 0.9v at 3.600Ghz and my Temps idle at around 40c and reach 65-75c during load. I tried using ryzen master as well and I did a fresh install of windows.

I don't know what to do or what's what anymore. Thanks

Short advice... As long temperatures are ok (and yours seems to be), stop watching at voltages and frequencies and what I know else. And as long you don't make any weird settings (where you don't really know what are you doing) in BIOS, it will work just fine for many years.

PS: Your voltages are just fine

sonofjesse

Distinguished
Install it, use default settings minus RAM speeds and enjoy your build. A lot of people on here, worry about 3C here or .002 volts their, but just enjoy your new build.

Unless you go in and monkey with settings you have no idea about the board/cpu will for years and years, and you will be long tired of it before it dies.

Reactions: MeridianXV88