Jul 22, 2022
Has anyone seen a chart or done any amount of tests to make one regarding settings in ryzen master when adjusting speed and voltage on cores?

What i need (i imagine things like this exist for older units) is basically a guide to know what volt to speed ratios are stable for this card as i want to use the lowest possible voltage even with lower performance as a result but still with comfortable feeling (subjective yes I know PC will be used for gaming mostly in 1080p unless there's a low enough power setting to run 4k which i doubt) .

Now I dont want to lower it all the way to 600mhz but I would like to see what the voltage should be if I were to set it to the minimum if this data exists. And as many intervals of this data that are available.

I only want to know about the CPU since it is relying on the MB VRMs and I want to set the cpu to a reasonable voltage that the VRMs can supply without maxing out (causing power down)

I am interested in the cpu not just for the current board it is being tested on...yes I know that if I want to harness the full cpu I will need to put it onto my other motherboards with VRMs capable of supplying power to this unit under load and boards that won't fry at full power. I just bought this cpu and I am testing it on different boards the current one in case anyone knows specifics on this current test is A320M-HDV R4.0 chipset bios AMI P7.20

Windows 10 forever now 😆 I refuse again 😤

Now I dont want to lower it all the way to 600mhz but I would like to see what the voltage should be if I were to set it to the minimum if this data exists. And as many intervals of this data that are available.

...anyone knows specifics on this current test is A320M-HDV R4.0 chipset bios AMI P7.20

Curious...how are you changing operating frequency on an A320 board that supposedly has locked multiplier settings (no OC allowed). I'm even a bit surprised you can use PBO2 and Curve Optimizer to undervolt with...but I've read it's possible on A520 boards so why not I guess.

Oh...and Win10 isn't gonna be forever, really only until 2025 when support stops.

Last edited:
Has anyone seen a chart or done any amount of tests to make one regarding settings in ryzen master when adjusting speed and voltage on cores?

What i need (i imagine things like this exist for older units) is basically a guide to know what volt to speed ratios are stable for this card as i want to use the lowest possible voltage even with lower performance as a result but still with comfortable feeling (subjective yes I know PC will be used for gaming mostly in 1080p unless there's a low enough power setting to run 4k which i doubt) .

I only want to know about the CPU since it is relying on the MB VRMs and I want to set the cpu to a reasonable voltage that the VRMs can supply without maxing out (causing power down)

I am interested in the cpu not just for the current board it is being tested on...yes I know that if I want to harness the full cpu I will need to put it onto my other motherboards with VRMs capable of supplying power to this unit under load and boards that won't fry at full power. I just bought this cpu and I am testing it on different boards the current one in case anyone knows specifics on this current test is A320M-HDV R4.0 chipset bios AMI P7.20

Hey there,

For a start, the 5950x, whilst possible to work with an a320 mobo, will throttle like hell. The simple fact is that regardless of which A320 you happening to be testing with you will have throttling due to the VRM's over heating. That's regardless of how much you undervolt that CPU. Those mobo's are simply not designed for those CPU's to function at normal levels.

Also, there are no hard or fixed voltage to clock corelation. You will have to test this yourself. Your chip is unique (silicon lottery), and so any details we give for own setup's are unlikely to work for you. You have to do some of the work here.

With that said, given you seem to be in a hurry, you could try CTR 2.1 or Project Hydra to do an automated calculation. This will give you a good profile for undervolting, whilst trying to maximise clocks. Project Hydra is the updated version of CTR, but you can try both to see what results you get. Once the programd finish their diagnostic, you can simply input lower multipliers, with recommended voltages (per profile) and see what results you get.

On the other hand, going into the bios, setting a vcore offset to say 1.2v and trying the multiplier at maybe 44 or 42 (4.4ghz/4.2ghz) will certainly reduce the load on the VRM's, but still, maybe not enough. Disable PBO, and any OC setting, and see what happens. At those speeds, you would still have an excellent 1080p result.

Reactions: Phaaze88