Oct 19, 2020
Ryzen Master may have killed my pc not sure! Can anyone help.
Specs:

Ryzen 5 1600AF
2x8gb Corsair DDR4
GTX 1060 3GB

I was minding my business when I thought it was a good idea to overclock my ram! I did so using the Ram Speed Slider on Ryzen Master. And afterwards I cleaned my pc and now I have a black screen! Does anyone know what happened? PS. I did not mess with voltages and I reset the CMOS probably 30+ times using battery and jumper and it did nothing.

RE: I SOLD MY MOTHERBOARD AND THE RAM I OVERCLOCKED AND NOW IM GETTING NEW PARTS< If i put a the old cpu that I used in the overclocked pc. If its dead will it harm my motherboard? Thanks :)

I was minding my business when I thought it was a good idea to overclock my ram!
LOL

That's really so true...you make it your business when you think it a good idea to overclock. Hard to blame Ryzenmaster for that.

And yes, if the CPU really is faulty it is possible for it to harm a new motherboard. If it has an internal short to ground that would possibly damage the VRM, for instance, although I can't imagine that likely to happen if just memory was overclocked.

Last edited:
Oct 19, 2020
although I can't imagine that likely to happen if just memory was overclocked.

The green slider in the memory control tab is what I messed with, would that hurt the CPU in any way?

hmGM41miLezeLEmzAh5U-DC3AwGaIYIi1qWLPEAEbg4.jpg

Pitbull Tyson

BANNED
Oct 28, 2020
use bios and xmp settings for future RAM oc.

same with cpu.

gpu is only piece of hardware id reccomend ocing via software.
I agree with bigtime. A CPU can not just die. Firstly your computer shuts off to protect CPU when it reaches TJ MAX. Have you check the temp of CPU in BIOS or no?👶💯

TRENDING THREADS