Question Ryzen upgrade from 1200 to 2600: System won't POST

Feb 23, 2019
My system: asus a320m-k mobo, gtx 1060, ryzen 3 1200/ryzen 5 2600

Helo there, this is my first post on this forum. I recently upgraded from ryzen 3 1200 to ryzen 5 2600 on my system, I am currently on a asus a320m-k, but the system will not post no matter what. I upgraded the BIOS before installing the 2600, and it worked fine with the 1200. After switching processors, All I got was black screen and no usb power. Tried rebuilding everything and even tried to go back to the 1200, but even then the results were the same. Black screen, no usb power, all the fans spinning.
Everything is connected, display port is on the gpu, the cpu power is also connected, the mobo is on standoffs, ram is attached and was tested on both slots, etc, etc. Could I have bricked the motherboard? The bios installation seemed correct... what can I attempt?

Feb 22, 2019
Have you cleared the CMOS? Thats what I had to do when i upgraded from a r3 1200 to a r7 1700.

There should either be a button on your MOBO, if not theres a penny sized lithium battery which you remove for 15 minutes and then put back in. Doing this should clear your CMOS. Let me know how this goes.

Feb 23, 2019
Have you cleared the CMOS? Thats what I had to do when i upgraded from a r3 1200 to a r7 1700.

There should either be a button on your MOBO, if not theres a penny sized lithium battery which you remove for 15 minutes and then put back in. Doing this should clear your CMOS. Let me know how this goes.
Thank you for the answer. It seems my motherboard needs some more time, also on the user's manual they mention a pair of pins you should short with a metal object. I did this and now I am going to leave the battery off overnight, and see what happens...
I appreciate your help!

Feb 22, 2019
Thank you for the answer. It seems my motherboard needs some more time, also on the user's manual they mention a pair of pins you should short with a metal object. I did this and now I am going to leave the battery off overnight, and see what happens...
I appreciate your help!
Yes that should clear the CMOS. (All mobos have different ways of doing it). Let me know how this goes.